What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addams family help

john valentine

Registered
The display shows an error on startup, and the test report says 'check switch 47' (middle swamp millions target)
I have replaced this target with a new one, but still get the same error .. where do I look next?
thanks!

have a look at the swirch matrix chart and see what other switches are on that column and row and follow back in test mode my guess there will be a wire off another target also have you wired up the new target correctly post a pic

Have you tried manually activating this target switch in a game? Don't these games report a switch as faulty if it hasn't been activated in a game for a set period of time?

pretty sure I wired it up ok .. I directly copied the old one
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t75_johnv_photos_2017_12_10_2012.00.47.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] i157.photobucket.com_albums_t75_johnv_photos_2017_12_10_2012.00.47.jpg

I don't see a diode at all.

John, I'd check all the wires on that new target and alter them if required. The diode needs to be fitted with its cathode (marked by a silver band at one end) connected, on its own, to one of the 'live' tabs on the switch, i.e which runs to one of the actual contacts. Connect the Green-yellow (Column 4) wire, or its yellow linking wire(s) from the other swamp targets, to the other live tab. The White-violet (Row 7) wires, and the plain end of the diode connect to the 'dead' or short tab, which doesn't have any direct electrical connection to the switch contacts.

A replacement target may not have the connecting tabs arranged in the same way as the original target. The two live ones could each have either the cathode or the column connected, but the row has to be connected on the dead tab, linked to the switch itself by the diode.

yes I have .. it works ok!

You say it works in switch test, yet it shows up as an error. This implies the wiring is fine but the switche isn’t being seen during games. Could be that the switch contacts are set too far apart so that the ball cannot move against the cushioning foam to close the contact. In test I guess you used your fingers to press the target. Repeat by rolling a ball at the target. If the switch contacts s are too open simply bend the static arm towards the moving arm.

Hi all, after a bit of help with TAF. Anyone ever needed to replace the solenoid for Thing magnet. Definitely needs replacing and can' find one anywhere. Is there an alternative or can one be made from another solenoid? Thanks for any help and not sure if I have done this right, but I couldn' work out how to start a new chat.

Agreed. It usually breaks where it is cable tied to the arm. Give it a tug there and it’ll probably break the insulation. Then just fix wiring.

More than likely a broken wire not the coil
Thanks for the reply Chris, but it's' definitely the coil itself. Took the coil and it's the wire has snapped but right from the middle of the coil and I can't get any more out to reattach to the main connector wire. Not had it long and was already like this. The outside of the coil was all burnt as well. Don't know any way of sorting it without replacing it, but can't find one anywhere.

Agreed. It usually breaks where it is cable tied to the arm. Give it a tug there and it’ll probably break the insulation. Then just fix wiring.
Hi, saw online about the wire breaking there and checked that which led me then to the coil itself.

If the coil is all burned you may have other issues too google the part no for the coil I would be surprised if Marco don’t have one
Thanks Chris, what other issues could cause this, any ideas? Like I said I haven't had it long so don't know the history of it. Everything else seems to be ok with it or I have fixed it, it is now just this problem. Thanks

You need to test the transistor on the power driver board make sure it’s not locked on or you will just fry the new coil
Thanks Chris, looked into this today and it turns out I do need a new transistor as well as the coil as it doesn't have one at all, so it has obviously been messed with at some point, looks like it has been snapped off. Is there anything else that could be an issue with this after the new coil and transistor or should that be the end of the line for this problem? Hope you don' mind me picking your brain! Also you don't know Dave Bishop about the new coil for it. Not sure how this messaging works and so if he will of seen my reply. Thanks Chris.

Back
Top Bottom