What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adams family fault

william butler

Site Supporter
5Years
adams family has developed a fault .When 2 balls are locked and multiball is available .Multiball can only be acheived by firing into the electric chair it wil noy give mulyiball with a shot into the vault.I have checked all sw:clap:mp switches 71 72 73 74 and all other switches on the route.A switches are testing ok and ok when the balls ara rolled over them. I cannot find any loose wires or bad connections.What next please.

Couple of questions which will help...

Are there any faults listed on the Test Report when you enter the adjustments menu?

Does the bookcase operate normally after spelling GREED (does it open/close)?

Can you lock a ball using the vault shot?

Hmm ok.

I don't think this is an adj setting, iirc a "hard" jackpot start will just disable the chair for starting it, not the vault.

That said, when multiball is lit, is the bookcase open and the red lamp flashing?

Can you also just confirm that in a ALL LAMP TEST that the red lamp does work?

Check the switch in the subway under the playfield I suspect that is not adjusted right if it’s not registering it will think you have just made a swamp shot and kick the ball back out and not award multiball

Which would explain why locks appear to work from the vault. In fact the machine sees it as a swamp lock

Nice one Chris

Would the rarely-used speech "Dirty Pool, old man, I like it" depend on the switch in question? It's produced by a ball getting into the vault with the bookcase closed.

It would, but i doubt the OP heard it at all as it depends on the switch you and Chris mention AND the rare case of the bookcase being closed (or broken open, which is typically when you hear it)

Back
Top Bottom