What's new

Found it! AC/DC LE/Luci/Premium

Jaycee

Registered
Hi Folks

Please excuse the impromptu first post, I would imagine these are often met with trepidation – I’m a real person and genuine cash buyer.

A little background:

I’m an 80’s kid grew up around ‘spacey’s’ and pinball as I’m sure many on this site. I collect 80’s handhelds (quite a collection) and have a small games room with a handful of arcade cabinets (mostly original 70’s-80’s) and pool table. Anyhow – the room is being re-modelled, pool table’s going – space for more cabinets and a pin (maybe more in time). As a hard-core ‘DC fan (the room already has ‘DC memorabilia) there is only one choice of pin.

I’ve been lurking around the forums and web for research and although ‘DC pins seem to be at the top end of the market – I’m ready to take the plunge. Seems decent stuff (as in the arcade cabinet market) gets traded via the clubs and forums rather than Ebay. Thus bringing me here……

I’m after, in ascending order: (just one!)

Ltbr > BiB > Luci > Premium – would have to be HUO and good nick.

I won’t insult you with silly offers and happy to pay market value.

Hope you can help.

Many Thanks

Jon

welcome to the site Jon, sounds like you have had the bug a long time .... i look forward to watching you slowly abandon all the cabs and other games to fill the room with pinballs when you get properly hooked. i've seen that happen half a dozen times or more with new guys who already were into videogames. you may have your work cut out chasing an ACDC premium or LE, as they rarely come up and cost top dollar, but it happens sometimes when we all have unexpected bills to pay.

can we see some pics of your setup? and have you thought of getting a different pin to play on while you wait for an accerdacca to come up (it may be 6-12 months)?

Hi Dan

Thanks for the welcome.

I think you may be right on the transformation, the cabs always cause pain due the temperamental nature of them. So there may be a shift away in time when the pins get a grip.

TBH the pool table has never really fitted in, I had no interest as a kid in the arcades - it's more of a pub thing so it has to go. (it's also a tight fit). I'm hoping one of you guys needs some dollar or someone get's bored with their 'DC pin (hmmm?) - research would suggest, as you do, they don't come up often.

......(lame tech question) how do I upload a picture?

Thanks Jon

Bottom right of the text window to upload something --->

Capture.PNG

Then the full image button next to the uploaded thing to show it in your post:

Capture1.PNG

That's for a post picture, not an Avatar thingy like Dan's jiggling titties.

woah, dream games room, you could get 8-10 in there

when you say "the cabs always cause pain due the temperamental nature of them" .... you do know that pins are far far way way waaaaay worse for trouble, don't you?

Whilst a great game you really are jumping in at the deep end.:eek:

There's no difference all in game play with the machines you've listed.

Never even seen a LTBR machine. I'm guessing you would be looking at at least 8k for a BIB.

Your main problem is going to be sourcing one. Even the Premiums aren't popping up much. You might want to look at Europe to find one but the exchange rate is going to be painful.

Good luck with your search and welcome:wave:

thanks guys -

The picture is deceiving being a pano, the room is not huge. Once the table is gone though, plenty of space for a few pins if I get the bug.

Surely a 5>10 year old pin is more stable than a 35>40 year old cab? or is that wishful thinking?

I'm sure you can see from the pic why the 'DC choice of pin. Not keen on sourcing overseas though, would prefer to bide my time. Choice of the 4 listed was purely aesthetics and value - I love the Luci artwork, would presume the LE's are better at holding value......and LTBR is the greatest 'DC album ever, thus first choice!

Doubt mine will ever come up for sale. It's one of the best games out there. :) If I'm being honest I'd like a BIB version but not for 3k more. Stern made a great game with AC/DC easily up there with any of the 90s classics.

Be warned Pins are highly addictive. You'll soon start looking at other places in your house as potential spaces for more games

Yup, tough to find AC/DC at the moment. A while back AC/DC premium went unsold at 5k for ages and Luci also was a difficult sell. Fast forward and they have gone up in price and not being sold.

Mainly because Stern couldn't renew license as otherwise they would be putting them back on the line again.

Good luck in the search:)

I've been looking too for some time for a Premium :(

Thanks Replay

Should I be looking anywhere else? (in the UK)

I have the usual Ebay search stored - only other I've found is with what looks like a dealer - £9k for a premium though seems a 'little' excessive.

There are tons of them in the UK - maybe like buses, 3 will turn up again for sale. I am still kicking myself for not buying the nice one that sold for under 5k:confused:

i want one too. hell, everyone wants one. i reckon your best bet is the direct approach - work out how much you think it's gonna cost (this is not a science but a guess, my guess would be 5-6K for a premium, 6-8K for various flavours of LE) and then approach people directly who have one, offering a little more than that. you never know, they may suddenly have a hankering to cash in. there's gotta be dozens in the UK so someone is gonna be tempted by a good cash offer.

alternatively contact one of the dealers who source them from anywhere - companies based in UK that come up when you google. then you can go looking or asking on other forums like Pinside and the German one, try the Facebook group, try the Yahoo group, try the POA...... if you are prepared to look outside UK you will have a much better chance.

I'm not big on social networking - no FB account. Have registered the interest with HLD. Looks like I need to hang around here.......

I'd budgeted in my head 7>8k for LE/Luci, a little less for Premium - ultimately though, market sorts prices I guess. Would be tempted by Neil's (Bristol fella?) if he could shave a bit. Can always throw in a pool table :)

5k for a premium should do it if one turns up.

I am alone in hating the look of Luci? I loath the naff heavy metal art. Like a GCSE art project by a not very skilled kid.:rolleyes:

top end machines also come out of the woodwork when new releases come out. Stern normally announce a new title in sept(? Aerosmith???) The hobbit should finally come out in the UK at the end of this year(?) AFMr will get announced and JJP will start taking pre-orders for "Dialled in" - each of these will be 8k machines, so you might have some joy then if people need money to buy something new.

You can always buy another game (or 2 or 6...) while you are waiting for one to come out

.......I'll give you 6k today if anyone wants to shift their premium. Personally I love the Luci artwork for all the reasons you say you don't. Reminds me of those old 70's pins I played as a (little) kid. I like a bit of smut. :)

As for your last point John, I feel this is where it's likely to head.

I love Luci (surely ive heard that somewhere before) but cant justify a LE or a PREM so am making do with a PRO with Luci translite and lots of pimping. ACDC is not coming up in ANY version. even when a forum member thinks of selling one they change their mind shortly after!

5k for a premium should do it if one turns up.

I am alone in hating the look of Luci? I loath the naff heavy metal art. Like a GCSE art project by a not very skilled kid.:rolleyes:

top end machines also come out of the woodwork when new releases come out. Stern normally announce a new title in sept(? Aerosmith???) The hobbit should finally come out in the UK at the end of this year(?) AFMr will get announced and JJP will start taking pre-orders for "Dialled in" - each of these will be 8k machines, so you might have some joy then if people need money to buy something new.

You can always buy another game (or 2 or 6...) while you are waiting for one to come out

True.

Aerosmith soon. Borg design and Lyman doing the code which is huge. And the long awaited colour LCD so dmd's are going to look dated as from this release.

I love Luci (surely ive heard that somewhere before) but cant justify a LE or a PREM so am making do with a PRO with Luci translite and lots of pimping. ACDC is not coming up in ANY version. even when a forum member thinks of selling one they change their mind shortly after!

ha ha

I saw that when lurking, I'd have been a bidder at the 7500ish he was looking for.

great game, but don't believe the hype, more ac dcs sold than most other sterns, just the game of the moment.
I would like one at some time but will wait as they are so highly priced, but then again all pins seem a lot more so I might just be getting old :)

I think you'll be struggling to find a Premium for £5K at the moment...£6K+ all day long for me :thumbs:

I am still kicking myself for not buying the nice one that sold for under 5k:confused:

And I'm still kicking myself for selling my nice Premium for less than 4.8k...I would like to own one again but it's hard to justify spending an extra grand. Then again if 6k is now the going rate you should be able to get your money back when you come to sell, I guess it's unlikely to drop to those lows again unless Stern renew the licence.

And for the record, mine was highly reliable.

And I'm still kicking myself for selling my nice Premium for less than 4.8k...I would like to own one again but it's hard to justify spending an extra grand. Then again if 6k is now the going rate you should be able to get your money back when you come to sell, I guess it's unlikely to drop to those lows again unless Stern renew the licence."

I regret trading away my Premium that I bought new for less than 5 grand around 9 months ago, as the going rate was around £4,750 at the time.

Wish I'd held on to the game now as I would have now got back what I'd paid for it NIB.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys -

The picture is deceiving being a pano, the room is not huge. Once the table is gone though, plenty of space for a few pins if I get the bug.

Surely a 5>10 year old pin is more stable than a 35>40 year old cab? or is that wishful thinking?

I'm sure you can see from the pic why the 'DC choice of pin. Not keen on sourcing overseas though, would prefer to bide my time. Choice of the 4 listed was purely aesthetics and value - I love the Luci artwork, would presume the LE's are better at holding value......and LTBR is the greatest 'DC album ever, thus first choice!

You having a laugh? Cabs have a few boards a display and buttons and maybe a joystick or gun if your lucky. Pins have all the boards, display, miles of wire, hundreds of moving parts which will wear and break, a metal ball pelting away at parts sometimes breaking stuff the list goes on lol. They are fun tho

You could try to tempt @Biff to part with his luci? He had it for sale not that long ago on here and changed his mind and decided to keep it. Maybe he would be prepared to change his mind again?

@Jaycee, FYI no LTBR came into the country, there were 10-12 BIB LE's, circa 50 premiums and a handful of Luci's

6k+ will net you a premium if you can find one, @Matt Adams was considering parting with his BIB LE a few years ago for what would be reasonable money for one now

Back
Top Bottom