What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absolute Radio

Mike Kindler

Site Supporter
Absolute Radio will be borrowing my T2 for the next week.
They are collecting it tomorrow and I’ll find out more about what they have in mind later.
T2 is not the greatest machine for sounds. Anyone suggest a better bet for a radio programme?

The stern terminator 3 has some cool Arnie voiceovers. I think one is "shoot everything", also "shoot here and here". But you need to hear the accent ...

At about 2 mins

I would have thought a music pin like AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, Rolling Stones etc would have been perfect.

agreed but they still have to pay ~£50 per song they play. if its just bleeps or short sound bites then its not long enough to have to pay anything (30 seconds can be played free if full piece is under 10 minutes)

Saying that most modern Pins play music anyhow....

Now despite the "radio" bit in their name I reckon it will be some internet TV thing.

When AC/DC came out Classic Rock were interested in coming to the launch party but nothing happened in the end. Lots of cross over to 40+ year old rockers

Well done mike:thumbs: How did they know about your T2? The LPC?

Well done mike:thumbs: How did they know about your T2? The LPC?[/QUOTE]

No, a mate of mine mentioned that they had gone on air asking if anyone had a machine they could borrow. I emailed the next morning and that as they say is how it all came about.

Mind you , I'm a bit anxious about how they will get on. I packed it up for transport and the couriers that collected it didn't seem to have much idea. Also the chap I'm dealing with at absolute seems a bit flaky. I do have their assurance in writing that they will take full responsibility for it. Let's hope we don't have to see how that stands up!

Got interviewed on air Friday a.m. and got a couple of plugs in for the UK open and Heighway pinball. Would have liked to mention the Pipeline too, but the opportunity did not present itself.

I heard it when I took the kids to school on Friday morning. I really really wish I could have done it. Not to promote PH but to promote pinball in general, I did email them too and I listen to that radio station all the time but alas it was not meant to be.

I would have taken the thing personally and stood over them while they were looking at it pointing stuff out. Much like I am doing in a week for a certain TV channel.... By the time DX couriers have collected it and the guys at the other end have no idea how to set it up, its not gonna play right...

Phil

Too early yet. They don't even know if they are going to run with it yet, its just a first meeting to show them stuff then they decide if they can make a feature from it.... lets hope!

Yes, I did suggest it. But they are into overkill moded playing "Pinball Wizard" at every opportunity and seem to have left everything until the last minute. Would have liked more notice etc and will do things differently if there is a next time.

Re Tommy, I'll give them your number ;-)

Was this really a year ago? Just remembered why you shouldn't let radio people set the machine up. They got the legs the wrong way round i.e. back legs at the front so it took all day for the ball to reach the flippers as the playfield was nearly level and everything else was out of place.

Was this really a year ago? Just remembered why you shouldn't let radio people set the machine up. They got the legs the wrong way round i.e. back legs at the front so it took all day for the ball to reach the flippers as the playfield was nearly level and everything else was out of place.
Oh dear :-D Not just radio people though, somebody kindly set my TZ up at the Slam....but I think the extra leg holes confused them..... Only realised when someone said to me 'jesus that twilight plays horribly ' :-D

Back
Top Bottom