What's new

A new arrival in the Tiki Hut: Johnny Mnemonic

cooldan

i like pizza
so at the Slam i sold one and bought one - this is my new toy, a Johnny Mnemonic (Meet the Ultimate Hard Drive). it was up the top end of the hall sat next to Ad's The Matrix, which is made from a JM.

photo.JPG.jpg
JM (13).jpg
JM (14).jpg

i don't know the rules yet, but i always liked that glove thing, and it's wicked fast and the two ramps remind me of the ones on The Shadow, so it has been on my list for ages and i was happy to find it. this one has been around a bit recently, i last saw it at The Dude's place in Camden, but since then it has been through the hands of Matt V and Ivan M (who i bought it off). no doubt Dude bought it off another pinhead, so if someone knows it's earlier history, please tell.

JM (9).jpg

anyway i took a few pics and shot a couple of short vids. and i downloaded the film, as i can't remember much about it, but know that whenever i have a pin based on a film or a TV program, there's loads of benefits to watching it to get all the references and recognise the soundbites.

JM (11).jpg
JM (4).jpg
JM (2).jpg

JM (1).jpg
JM (8).jpg
JM (7).jpg
JM (6).jpg

JM (3).jpg
JM (5).jpg

so now i suppose i'd better go and watch the film, print out and read the rules, download a manual, search the web for strategies and tips, hopefully find a Bowen tutorial or some interesting Easter Eggs or Cows. but there's nothing better than first hand experience and stories, so c'mon fellas, let's talk about JM.

Last edited:
It seems like ages since you've had a new one in your lineup Dan.

What did you sell on to make room for this one?

Gaz bought my WWF at The Slam.

hopefully he will post a nice thread about it right here with lotsa pics n vids, as i never got round to it but loved the game and was sad to see it go. come on @Gaz Shiells

I put in a few games on jm at the slam a very underrated game I quite like it. Never got a chance in wwf gaz bought it before I had a chance

Yeah I played JM at the Play Expo last year. Quite a nice table actually and far better than the ****ty film it was based on.

Not sure about the guy pulling his 'come face' in the artwork though.

Never got a chance in wwf gaz bought it before I had a chance
it was around all day Saturday and Gaz even said he'd leave it for Sunday for folk to play on, despite him having to go home Saturday night, and get it from me another time - which was feckin decent of him ...... but then it's space in the lorry was taken by JM, so it had no way of getting home to my place, so he took it home in his Zafira or something like that. man, that car of his is a prime pin mover even better than my Jazz, it had acres of roof space and it's just a crappy hatchback. we just pushed it off the trolley straight in and closed the boot, it took 2 minutes.

Are you liking so far ?
loving it so far, yes indeedy.

i'm a big fan of the revolving door policy as it means i get to play so many different games without having to wait for the shows (there's bugger all in London's pubs anywhere near me) but this one will be getting plenty of love for a long while yet.

Last edited:
it was around all day Saturday and Gaz even said he'd leave it for Sunday for folk to play on, despite him having to go home Saturday night, and get it from me another time - which was feckin decent of him ...... but then it's space in the lorry was taken by JM, so it had no way of getting home to my place, so he took it home in his Zafira or something like that. man, that car of his is a prime pin mover even better than my Jazz, it had acres of roof space and it's just a crappy hatchback. we just pushed it off the trolley straight in and closed the boot, it took 2 minutes.

Yep @Gaz Shiells was more than happy to leave it despite the fact it would have cost him $$$$ to then get it home ....respect ! :thumbs: .....but we gave him special Slam permission to remove it before Show end.......cos he rocks ! And we still had his Taxi to play on :thumbs:

Get saving there Carl, think it should be there a while. It's a little additive. One of those games you just have to have one more game.

It's a great game until the ball goes in the glove, which completely ruins the flow of it for me. :(

I'd love one have one on loan but think I'd get annoyed far to quickly with it to own one.

loving it so far, yes indeedy.

i'm a big fan of the revolving door policy as it means i get to play so many different games without having to wait for the shows (there's bugger all in London's pubs anywhere near me) but this one will be getting plenty of love for a long while yet.

Due to machine hoggers I got on bugger all in the day time

Playfield looks in very nice shape indeed, never seen an un-faded cab, I actually like the break which the glove throws in, Crazy Bob glove mode is a bit of a time drainer but a neat feature, been playing nothing but JM since about a month now, definitely worth having in your collection if you can track one down, this one has changed hands a lot for a rare title like that tarted up TOTAN that was doing the rounds, seems to be the case with rare machines, you see the same one moving as the rest are on lockdown, enjoy.

Watch out for an odd issue due to magnetised balls, lot of magnet time on this game, it can result in the balls grouping together in the trough confusing the machine as the optos are just triggered but there is no ball on the launcher pin ;)

Last edited:
Nice buy, JM is great. Fast game. This was nearly my first machine, shame I didn't get one when had the chance (opted for JD instead). Just as well Daz keeping hold of his. :)

update: i watched the film tonight, for the first time since it came out back in 1995.

i expected the film to be ok, as i remembered it sorta fondly, but i was wrong. it was a load of old fecking shi_te

Reactions: JMP
Most tie in films with pinball machines are Shi*e.
Just glad the pin is a cracker.

Love mine too. I did have too buy some new ramps from ebay member 'mark.c' as the front and backs of mine are blown out and reglued pieces of sh*t. The new ramps don't come with any attached hardware or decals so that should be a fun time sorting that out. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, if you want the decals (and I know all you JM owners do) you can contact pinside member 'biglaw' and he can post them to you in a super speedy timeframe (At least it was in my case). They are full coin door, backbox decals but the side decals are only the bottom red part with the writing. Cost was approx. £110 shipped to UK as gift.

Heres a few pics of the decals (they are slightly oversized, so need centering and trimming)

20140625_190413.jpg 20140625_190652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom