What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Good Alternative to Rivets

Steve

Registered
I've been using the Pinbits 2-piece rivets for a while and they always seem to come loose after a time. Tonight the 'Lite Jackpot' plastic fell off when all 3 rivets worked loose after only 20-30 games.

I found these hex-head screws on eBay and they are superb quality. Polished stainless steel, and really cheap, they replace the rivet (shown in 1st picture) with a clean looking finish and can be tightened/removed over and over.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

which diameter / length / type are you ordering?

I could try thinking for myself, but it never improves the situation.

M3, dome and 6mm... or bigger?

which diameter / length / type are you ordering?

I could try thinking for myself, but it never improves the situation.

M3, dome and 6mm... or bigger?

I ordered M3, 6mm long with Nylock nuts and they were spot on. I bought the dome nuts too as they might come in useful somewhere else.

Top Tip.
Even with rivets some area's on a pinball machine are a pain to rivet to, this looks a great alternative.

Bought some and took delivery yesterday.

They sent the wrong screw heads - chunky "cap head threaded screws", not the rounded "button head threaded screws" - as shown in the eBay item picture.

I've sent the seller a note asking if I ordered it wrong or if they've sent the wrong things... Hopefully the latter ;)

Heard nothing back yet...

Will update once I know more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 22
Update:

"Hi Paul, Sorry for the mistake which is mine entirely. I will get the button heads out this afternoon. Apologies for any inconvenience. Kind regards, Jamie"

Hopefully the right thing will turn up now.

Bugger, they are normally very good. It will be worth the extra wait though...

"Nearly own (1 day and counting!): AFM." - What one have you bought, there's a couple floating around for sale atm?

Just left Tony's (todler) with a working AFM. Definitely needs some time and care to bring it back to it's former glory - which is totally my intention. Thanks to tony for relinquishing possession, I know it wasn't easy.

Was made very welcome and even had time to appreciate the audio/visual extravaganze that is his TRON LE, plus a quick go on GNR, SM impressed more than I expected and a fast game on IM.

Stern wasn't really my cup of tea, but that may be changing... If only I could afford them now I've gone and bought this fixer-upper AFM!

Will do - do you have any pics or a log of your build?

Initially I'll just get it working 100% and clean, then add the electronic mods, extras, etc , then the playfield swap, then finally cabinet work in the spring time when it's warmer in the crappy garage (if it hasn't fallen down by then).

The sad thing is; I've not even got it home yet and I'm already mentally mapping out my gantt charts...

Back
Top Bottom