What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Fix For Early Games With No Free Play

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
The lack of a free play option on early games has been bugging me for some time.
I don't like the work around of setting the replay low so I came up with this idea instead.

You essentially add credits by pressing the coin reject button.

Here is how it works. Note it is using the existing coin mech switch. I only had to make the bracket to hold the switch.

Aren't there freeplay roms now for all ballys? My Ebx has them. I'm sure most know but on williams system 4 to 9 set option 30 maximum credits to zero

I know there is an updated rom for Vector but not sure about Free Play.

The latest vector rom has freeplay

Or you just set a really low replay score if you are using old roms. Only downside is that you get the knocker activated when you make this low threshold.

The latest vector rom has freeplay

Or you just set a really low replay score if you are using old roms. Only downside is that you get the knocker activated when you make this low threshold.
I like to set the replay at normal levels as it gives me something to aim for.

When you switch on should see 5 in P1 display. Then DIP 26 ON sets freeplay apparently.

Still I like what you did as you get to press a button and it makes cool noises:thumbs:

When you switch on should see 5 in P1 display. Then DIP 26 ON sets freeplay apparently.

Still I like what you did as you get to press a button and it makes cool noises:thumbs:
Oh well, it is done now and didn't take long or alter the machine in a way that it can't be put back.

Back
Top Bottom