What's new

A blast from the past

Won't upload all of the pages but this page made us chuckle. Can folks guess the Williams two games that got the PH customer thumbs down?

I'm still on the fence with Shadow . One day I may appreciate it more.

20180509_160237.jpg

Nope hurricane might not be popular with pinheads but it was a huge seller commercially due to timing plus a relatively easy to maintain family friendly game.

I remember when Deith Leisure had a warehouse of Popeye they couldn't shift, next thing I knew they (cough) had a flood and were selling them off NIB for about a few hundred quid.

Congo and dirty harry

Congo tanked with ops DH I think was lack of supply

Creech was one of the most popular games for home use from day one

I love creature just suspected it would be a bit too niche for operators back in the 90's.

I was surrised Congo managed to get a pin, I quite liked the movie but I don't rememer it being hyped up at all.

Congo is one of the most underrated pinball games out there.
It's a cracking game with so much to do and every time you play it you seem to see something new.
I have been asked by a few people lately if mine is for sale to which I had to decline as it's staying with me .

It's a cracking game with so much to do and every time you play it you seem to see something new.
I have been asked by a few people lately if mine is for sale to which I had to decline as it's staying with me .
Yea it does look pretty cool, hopefully try it out one day.

Similar feelings here too! I sometimes think it gets played a bit less than the others so it’s for the chop, but then I really enjoy a few games on it and realise how hard it would be to replace it to this standard. It stays. Similar to Tron in some ways, but miles away from it in others. Anyhow, thought you were re-theming yours?

One of the bargain WPC95’s.

Yep - fun game, great layout.

Dirty Harry is also a generally under rated, lesser known gem .......'I know a great place for some hotdogs' :)

giphy.gif

I like Congo too but it bombed on site and many bit the dust for those valuable pcbs (as did NBA FB)

I'm sure DH was lack of supply , I know Bob (Pinball Paradise) didnt list it either . Hoping to have mine set up at the Electric Circus in the next few months where it can "make your day"

I don't know about the original availability of Dirty Harry, but when I saw it in Deith Leisures' showroom, I thought it didn't seem steep enough for my liking. But after I raised it a little the upper flipper couldn't make the ramp shot anymore. I saw a trade publication later which mentioned that the flipper had to be kept in top condition to allow the shot to be made consistently

I suspect Congo was expected to do well on the back of Jurassic Park. The book is actually ok. I tried sitting through it a couple of times but can’t put up with it. Presumably the licence was obtained shortly after the film was commissioned hoping it would be a smash.
At least we ended up with a good pin. It could have been another twister scenario.

I suspect Congo was expected to do well on the back of Jurassic Park. The book is actually ok. I tried sitting through it a couple of times but can’t put up with it. Presumably the licence was obtained shortly after the film was commissioned hoping it would be a smash.
At least we ended up with a good pin. It could have been another twister scenario.

Oh I quite like the Congo movie

Back
Top Bottom