What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! A £2k budget for my first Pin

Crazy times and crazy prices, I brought my first pin off the bay back in 2012 and that was a Fish Tales for £800. I remember being jealous when I heard people on here were paying £250 for machines in the late 90s, now I wish for the £800 machine days.

Crazy times and crazy prices, I brought my first pin off the bay back in 2012 and that was a Fish Tales for £800. I remember being jealous when I heard people on here were paying £250 for machines in the late 90s, now I wish for the £800 machine days.
Yes my timing isn't great for getting into pins! Though maybe in another 10 years we will all be harking back to the prices of 2021? My plan is to be in it for the long term, so a short term fluctuation on values doesn't bother me if there is a post-Covid dip!

I used to own 12 tables and sold them all for £16k in 2003 to buy a flat. When I looked at getting back into the hobby 15 yeas later it was unrecognisable. My tables had gone from £16k to £100k!!! I thought I'd never ever be able to get back in, but I started putting money aside, stopped buying crap and managed to get my first table in 17 years 6 months ago. Just bought my second and am looking at my 3rd by the end of the year. I'll never have 12 again, but the plan is to have 4 and rotate them. But you can do it mate, getting the first one is the biggest hurdle but once you have you can enjoy it and it's like having money in the bank to invest in better ones in the future. You WILL get your Indy one day I promise ☺️ Good luck 👍🏼

Look out for stern CSI, Big buck hunter and wheel of fortune - they tend to go for lower money and are all decent first time games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1 for IJ and Stern as they fairly bombproof around that era 2k however may be a big ask!

I sold a really nice one in the community last year for 2.5k I had done a really nice super shop on it with full LED, fully stripped playfield, polished all the metals ect ect.
I even replaced all the clear plastics and put my Flourecent plastic protectors to protect each and every original one which took me about 30hrs alone. It looked absolutely stunning!

It was sold on sold on eBay not long back for £3.5k which absolutely gutted me but hey that seems to be the destination nowadays.

Welcome to the community and good luck with your search and shout if I can help bling your new pin.

My blinged up one

View attachment 136284
@Jackolantern when you get a pin, be sure to get some protectors for your plastics. They look great and stops the ball breaking the originals.
@Colywobbles - was your sold IJ offered on here before it sold on eBay?

Sorry. Meant the person you sold it to. Did they try selling via forum first? Not cricket otherwise. IMHO.
The Person I sold it too was a well respected member and sold it to another member of the forum for what he paid or even maybe a little less!

However It then went to eBay without being offered on here which is a shame but happens.

There lots of views on this but in the end whoever buys a pin it’s his property to do as he wants and even I have often sold pins to mates or even guys local to me as as I often get them back at the same or a little less than what I paid.
In fact I’ve just taken back a HS2 which now needs some repairs and a little TLC before it goes on loan to my niece.

Back
Top Bottom