What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8BitFlip 2016

Yeah was fab weekend, great selection of games and Arcade Club is amazing. Big thanks to all the NLP guys for all their hard work in organising it all including David and Carl running the comps.

Thanks to all for making it a fun weekend. And journey back was a lot smoother than up.

Cheers
Greg

Fantastic weekend, what a venue arcade club is, so impressed. It felt like the tournaments I have travelled to in Europe which is the first time I have felt like that in the UK, a huge compliment. Thanks for all the hard work that went in to making it happen.

BOP2.0 is magnificent, i was addicted to it all weekend. The Hobbit looks amazing, probably the best looking machine ever made, and once the rules are complete I'm sure it will be great.

The comps were great fun as always,

Cheers Craig

and Paul has just left mine for the last van drop.Fair to say a lot of us nlp'ers are now well fooked,hope you all thought it was worth it.We appreciate everyone who supported in any one,from general helpers,torny helpers,fixers,machine loaners,people who loaned gear etc etc.We had teething issues but worked thru them.Any feedback is appreciated

I suggest a roll call for all the people who put this brilliant event on.
Couldn't fault it. If you didn't go, then you really missed out.
Massive thanks to all involved.
Dave.

Was an excellent weekend and huge thanks to all who put the time and effort (and money) in to make it happen. Loads of terrific games, plenty of space and always a machine available to play. BOP 2.0 was incredible, loved TWD and it was great to be able to play The Hobbit. It's certainly a very pretty game indeed but I wasn't yet wowed by the gameplay - code updates will hopefully make things make a little more sense. Spent the majority of games wondering what to do (apart from continually bashing pop ups, of course!)

Thanks folks - it was a cracker! [emoji6]

Just went the one day this time ,had a fab time , great venue :thumbs:Big thanks to the NLP team and all who helped to put the show on :)

Amazing day of pins (and arcades) - what happened to the late night opening? I thought it was going on til 2am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Poi said. Fooked, but well worth it I think :)

I really enjoyed the comps again. Epic second round battle with Ronsplooter, Gill and Neil that really went down to the wire. In the classics comp there was a good bit of friendly rivalry between a few of us on Spring Break, which was new to me and an absolute blast to play

Was good to watch some of the top players absolutely rinse Addams in the high score comp too. Wayne took it to over 1.4B and it was understandably a bit tense when closing in on Craig's previous best and no extra balls in the bank.

And also. Flashy lights!

Last edited:
Brilliant weekend! Massive thanks to those involved.

I love the Hobbit. I could just sit and stare at it all day.

Arcade club is brilliant!

Had way too much booze.....

Great show and also to echo a massive thanks to all the organisers and helpers, loads of hard work put in just for the love of the game.
Just want to say thanks for looking after my games so well, I always worry a little when sending them but they were packed up as good, if not better than I would myself so thanks guys, it does mean a lot.
Hobbit was run around the block whoopingly stunning to look at, snapped my underpants elastic as soon as I walked in!
Played it and although didn't understand it I want one, wife says I can have one, just need to work out how to afford it and then not get certified for spending that much on a toy!
Nice to meet up with members on here and catch up and make a few new friends too.
Just a good all round feel good place to be.
Cheers.

glad you liked the hobbit aid it was defo worth trailing there and back and breaking my back putting it on its back legs you are welcome to come and play it before it makes its way to tilt

Massive congratulations and well done to all that made it happen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of the highlights was watching <cough, he who shall remain nameless> un-intensionally wecking the fire exit..! :rolleyes:

The hobbit wins the award for prettiest machine at the show. :D

The full results of The Big Flip and The Old Flip are now available on the IFPA website

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/past_results.php?p=1

The winner of the High Score competition on Addams Family was Wayne Johns with a staggering 1.4bn

The winner of the EM challenge on Heat Wave was William Dutton

Thank you to everyone who took part

David

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom