What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8BitFlip 2016

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
Anyone else looking forward to the first big event of 2016? 8BitFlip takes place over Easter weekend - 26th & 27th March and this year is hosted at Arcade Club in Bury (near Manchester). For those that haven't already been it's a really classy venue jammed full of pinball and retro video games. For the show weekend we'll be significantly extending the number of pinball machines at the venue, as well as offering a number of competitions and exclusive access to a brand new pin making it's UK debut.

Tickets to the show can be purchased at the site http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/buy-tickets/

We've also just opened up tickets for the main pinball comp at the show, which can be purchased here http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/tournaments/ This comp is limited to 64 entries max, so don't delay if you're a fan of some friendly competitive pinball action :)

www.8bitflip.co.uk

This year's 8bitflip show will see the return of the popular Big Flip competition on Saturday 26th March.

The key elements of last year's format have been retained; no-one is eliminated in the first round, players have an incentive to do their best in every round and games are chosen at random from all the suitable ones at the show.

The competition is eligible for WPPR points and is a qualifying event for the UK Championship Series

Some small tweaks have been introduced to ensure the format meets the latest guidelines to deliver the maximum number of WPPR points, whilst at the same time reducing the overall time taken for the competition.

The entry price for the tournament has been held at £5 (you will also need a ticket for 8bitflip) and tickets are available now on our website www.8bitflip.co.uk where there are also full details of the format. Note that first round games must be completed by 11am.

Maximum places in the competition is 64 so buy now to avoid disappointment

We will also be running other competitions over the 8bitflip weekend including a return of the Old Flip Classics competition on Sunday 27th March

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

The Old Flip classics tournament will be held at the 8bitflip show in Bury, Manchester on Sunday 27th March.

Format will be similar to last year with qualifying games played between 10am and 1pm on the Sunday and the highest placed player on each qualifying machine proceeding to the semi-finals. Full details of the tournament format will be posted shortly on our website http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/

The tournament has been approved for the award of WPPR points.

Entries for the tournament can be purchased on the day.

You will need to have an entry ticket for the 8bitflip show to be able to enter the tournament. These are available now on our website at http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/

along with entries for our main competition “The Big Flip” to be held on Saturday 26th March at the show.

We also plan to have a High Score competition and an EM challenge competition so plenty to keep you occupied!

looking forward to first event of the year. hotel was very reasonable as a triple room same as a single. will be nice to see how Diner is getting on

Oh flip just remembered it was on Diner that I got tbe high score oh well never-mind.

Thanks to generous sponsorship by Tilt* there will now be cash prizes for the first four places in our Big Flip and Old Flip competitions at 8bitflip, as well as for the winners of our High Score and EM challenge competitions.

The Big Flip and Old Flip will also award trophies and WPPR points.

8bitflip will take place on 26th and 27th March and tickets are available now on our website www.8bitflip.co.uk

The Big Flip is on Saturday 26th March and spaces are still available - entries cost only £5 (plus your entry to 8bitflip) and are available on our website

The Old Flip is on Sunday 27th March and entries can be purchased at the show

The High Score and EM Challenge competitions will run across both days of the show

* Tilt is a Craft Beer and Speciality Coffee Bar with 11 pinball machines – soon add Jersey Jacks Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit!

Current Line Up

Addams Family – Medieval Madness – Game of Thrones – AC/DC – Kiss – Star Trek – Ironman – Getaway 2 – Batman – Star Wars – Judge Dread

Opening Times

Monday – Thursday 09:00 till 23:00 Friday & Saturday 09:00 till 00:00 Sunday 11:00 till 23:00

Address

TILT, 2 City Arcade (off Union Street)

Birmingham B2 4TX

Website - www.tiltbrum.com Facebook - www.facebook.com/tiltbrum Twitter - https://twitter.com/Tilt_Brum

The cash prizes for the competitions at 8bitflip this Easter will be as follows:

The Big Flip 1st place £70/ 2nd £45/ 3rd £20/ 4th £15
The Old Flip 1st place £50/ 2nd £25/ 3rd £15/ 4th £10
High Score £25 for highest score over the weekend
EM Challenge £25 for highest score over the weekend

all with many thanks to Tilt for their sponsorship
David

No need for financial prizes. Why not donate to a charity instead ?

Anyone who is influenced to enter by the presence of a £70, £50 or £25 prize does not deserve to win

Reactions: Arv
There are still some places left for the Big Flip competition at 8bitflip next Saturday 26th March; and to accommodate those coming from afar I've added an extra half hour for playing the first round.

This means that you will need to have played a best of 3 games match against one opponent by 11.30am (the show opens at 10am)

If you register and fail to make this deadline all is not lost - you will still go into round 2 to be played between 11:30am and 1:30pm, but in the less advantageous group.

The Big Flip awards trophies, cash prizes and WPPR points and is part of the UK Championship Series.

Every player starting at round 1 is guaranteed to play a minimum of seven games

Entries are limited and cost only £5,
They can be purchased now from our website www.8bitflip.co.uk

Don't forget you will also need a show entry ticket in order to be able to participate in The Big Flip

David

No need for financial prizes. Why not donate to a charity instead ?

Anyone who is influenced to enter by the presence of a £70, £50 or £25 prize does not deserve to win

If you use that argument, rather than buying a game people should just donate their money straight to charity. Why stop at new pins, why not cars, or clothes, or food?

I think it's a nice gesture from Tilt to offer some prize money. I seriously doubt that anybody would now choose to enter purely because there was the possibility of a few quid. Realistically, sponsorship is about drawing attention and advertising the excellent craft beer/pinball venue to a wide an audience as possible.

The following is the list of games as of tonight for the 8bitflip show this weekend

www.8bitflip.co.uk

There will be a few more added tomorrow.

The Hobbit
Star Trek:The Next Generation
X-Men
The Walking Dead
Creature From The Black Lagoon
No Good Gofers
Spiderman
Pinball Magic
Robowar
Raven
Revenge From Mars
Twilight Zone x 2
Game of Thrones
Cirqus Voltaire x2
Rollergames
Diner
AC/DC
Scared Stiff
Spring Break
Radical
Jungle Lord
Operation Thunder
Whirlwind
Surf Champ
Time Fantasy
Big House
Heat Wave
The Addams Family x 2
Metallica MOP
Judge Dredd
Rescue 911
Whitewater
The Getaway;High Speed 2
Spirit
Party Zone
The X Files
Arena
Swords of Fury
NBA Fastbreak x 2
Congo
Elvira and The Party Monsters
The Flintstones
Space Station

We still have a some entries left for the Big Flip.
You can enter online on our website now or come to the competition desk when you arrive subject to spaces being available. First round games (3) need to be played by 11:30am

David @DAD I don't see my Zacc Robot on the list, is it still needed? I was asked by @JMP to bring something older for the classics comp as you were a bit short but if I don't need to bring it and @replicas could bring my FT cab with him then it'd save me another trip up the following weekend. Happy to bring Robot still, just let me know either way :thumbs:

David @DAD I don't see my Zacc Robot on the list, is it still needed? I was asked by @JMP to bring something older for the classics comp as you were a bit short but if I don't need to bring it and @replicas could bring my FT cab with him then it'd save me another trip up the following weekend. Happy to bring Robot still, just let me know either way :thumbs:
I think we are OK now with games for the classics so if you are able to make life easier for you then go for it. and thanks for thecsupport

Daz @replicas would you be able to bring my FT with you to 8 bit flip or is that not possible? If you can then I'll leave Robot at home and come up with the empty car to bring it back.

Message to comp organisers. I'm frustratingly working tomorrow now so won't be able to attend. Comp entry in name of Mark Roberts please feel free to re allocate my place

Only positive at least Phil won't be able to sell me a Hobbit. Hope the show goes well

I should have looked harder and found this thread.......

Is anyone taking any DMD machines where they maybe for sale?

Cheers
Skip

thanks guys for a great weekend. Arcade club is an awesome space. Outrun deluxe is the coolest video game ever. Best ride of the weekend was the rickety lift. kudos for moving tons of machine in it. Great mix of quality games. Thanks to Phil for sorting Hobbit. Beautiful machine.

Back
Top Bottom