What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted 80s or 90s fruit machine

To follow on from this thread I picked up 2 machines yesterday one was a jpm roller coaster not the one in the vogue cabinet but a slightly newer one and an ace pot of gold both working and on new coins and in excellent condition and for an added bonus no money exchanged hands.
Love a good Ace.. As long as that battery is off the MPU as ( i suspect you know they are reknown for easilly breaking the boards)

No money!!! :eek: Jealous now!

To follow on from this thread I picked up 2 machines yesterday one was a jpm roller coaster not the one in the vogue cabinet but a slightly newer one and an ace pot of gold both working and on new coins and in excellent condition and for an added bonus no money exchanged hands.

Is that the more recent remake version? Almost a 90's Barcrest looking cabinet?

That's literally daylight robbery. How do you get these deals? Happy to discuss privately!

My gf sisters friends NAN (lol) had a JPM Big Bucks about 3 weeks ago which looked in good condition but did not boot (prob just need new board) They only wanted £20 and it to be collected. I passed as couldn't be assed. But now seen them on ebay for like 500+ LOL wish I had collect it now!

My gf sisters friends NAN (lol) had a JPM Big Bucks about 3 weeks ago which looked in good condition but did not boot (prob just need new board) They only wanted £20 and it to be collected. I passed as couldn't be assed. But now seen them on ebay for like 500+ LOL wish I had collect it now!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hehe never really liked that one, always wanted a roller coaster though :)
The Nan was moving house so it had to be gone that weekend so feck knows where it is now, could be down the tip!

Your not making me feel any better LOL :D

Ah **** if I had known would of picked it up for you! Will see what gf comes back with.

Now you have me on the edge of my seat... What happened to it?? Can you get it back??

All those questions and more answered on the next update from Russdx1....

Back-pedalling slightly - the one on eBay was working, and sold by a relative of Mr P’s, but he’s a bit f’d off about the whole inflated prices of these things right now so pulled the other auction for Indiana Jones which was also going silly. Personally I wouldn’t pay that, it’s nuts! In context, I bought 2 Big Bucks about 5&7 yrs back for about £30-£50 each, both working and in great shape. Had to sell when space was an issue and kids arrived. Didn’t want to but such is life!

Your gf's sisters friend's Nan’s one will almost certainly have Processor and Motherboard damage from a leaking Varta battery. That’s about £150 to replace in the current market. Can’t see if the glasses are in good nick, but let’s assume not. £20 is still a bargain.

Last edited:
sold by a relative of Mr P’s, but he’s a bit f’d off about the whole inflated prices of these things right now so pulled the other auction for Indiana Jones which was also going silly

He cant talk - he has warehouses of rare stuff.

Going back 7 years or so, I went to pick up something unusual... Unknown to me at the time he also wanted it... I picked it up... wanted to find out why it wasnt working, and ended up going to him to ask (as all roads led there)... he realised it was the same thing he was looking at and basically whilst he had the technology to help, he refused to because his nose was out of joint and he didnt get it.
People make him out to be a good guy - he's just selfish.

Not my Nan but my gf's sisters friend's Nan :D
gf has asked what happened to it, hopefully get some news soon!

Yeah when they said it did not turn on i assumed board was fecked and lost interest.

a fella has approached me on FB asking for my Ceiling Lamp as his reels are knackered ....gonna have to make myself a new lamp as would prefer to see the reels in a machine all day long ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_7397.JPG
    IMG_7397.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 26
a fella has approached me on FB asking for my Ceiling Lamp as his reels are knackered ....gonna have to make myself a new lamp as would prefer to see the reels in a machine all day long ;-)
More Big Bucks stuff! They’re the reels out of my top wanted game. JPM version too, not Crystal.
I think I saw your games room on FB then. I’d would’ve also ask for them if I’d known! Did they need reel 3 by any chance? Can’t find your FB post now...

Last edited:
Big Bucks was an awful game, Big Banker and Rollercoaster were the best 2 in Vogue cabs by far

Big Bucks was an awful game, Big Banker and Rollercoaster were the best 2 in Vogue cabs by far
I respectfully disagree. I also had Big Banker and Bucks got the most play by far due to the exchange strategy and redlines. Banker had a lot of cool features built in too. Roller coaster was shallow in comparison, but a bit like Addams Family it was very common and had some good audio.

I respectfully disagree. I also had Big Banker and Bucks got the most play by far due to the exchange strategy and redlines. Banker had a lot of cool features built in too. Roller coaster was shallow in comparison, but a bit like Addams Family it was very common and had some good audio.

Maybe there was an emptier for Big Bucks and I always caught it cold, I just got no enjoyment from playing it ever. I'll ask my mate Alex if there was an emptier as he tends to know

Here's a couple of pictures of the two machines.
Never seen a roller coaster in that cab before that is pretty cool :) been a looooooong time since seen a pot of gold wow!!! Any game play vids? :)

In the meantime, to scratch an itch, this arrived today:

BB76682D-DC48-4356-9148-2220C209D554.jpeg
I’ll probably look for a lower jackpot machine at some stage. A £4jp Big Bucks, for £20, for example… 😉

Back
Top Bottom