What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted 80s or 90s fruit machine

Pharo

Site Supporter
Hi made some space in the games room so looking for an older fruit machine ,I've had a few modern ones in the past and end up giving them away to my mates as I can't seem to get into them .
Was a bit of an addict when I was younger hence looking for one from the 80s early 90s.
I know some fellow members are into other games bar pinball so I thought I would try here first before Facebook and the usuall places.

Cheers brian

Oh yes - love a gamesroom with some variety!!!

Word of warning... 80's and 90's machines go for silly money now. Avoid anything that "isnt working" or "partially working", since parts and cards are also either silly money or unbobtanium....

Ha ha can't beat a bit of variety in the games room, I kind of thought that about these old fruities so would be looking for one fully working.

Cheers Brian

I have a dvd with mfme with all the 80s/90s fruit machines if you want it. Free to collect or add postage.

I'm on Retro Fruit Machines From Yesteryear Facebook Group. I joined it to see if I could get an allwin but the one or two that come up on there are usually at Ebay prices but fruit machines come up on there on a regular basis - some of which I recognize from back in the day!

80s 90s fruits have jumped in price since lockdown. Just not much supply but many folks getting to an age where the nostalgia kicks in along witb disposable income. Unlike pins not much love for newer games ie post 2010

Hi thanks for the replies, was checking some prices last night they have got a bit expensive and to think about 20 years ago the fella who owns my local arcade who I know offered me a few for nothing as he said I had spent that much on them when I was younger he thought it was the right thing to do I had just bought my first 1 bedroom flat so there was no room in the Inn for them so had to decline might have to try get a hold of him to see if he still has any I know he has a jpm roller coaster in one of his arcades so might have more stashed away.

Cheers Brian

Roller coaster is one of the "in" games. Most jpm are desirable due to great game play but few survive as the batteries leaked on the boards. A common issue to fruits and pins

Hi what machines are you looking for I have some 80s and 90s fruit machines mpu3’s but as been mentioned they are not cheap.........but if you need any advice I can help you out!

Hi what machines are you looking for I have some 80s and 90s fruit machines mpu3’s but as been mentioned they are not cheap.........but if you need any advice I can help you out!
Not looking to buy but used to love the mpu3s bitd. What games have you got out of curiosity?

I have super spoof, supaslot, 7 heaven, mpu4 roadhog,Andy Capp and I also have a vivid back to the features and an Astra classic slot bar x and crazy fruits

I have super spoof, supaslot, 7 heaven, mpu4 roadhog,Andy Capp and I also have a vivid back to the features and an Astra classic slot bar x and crazy fruits
If you want to sell any would possibly be interested.... ;)

Jpm's Indiana Jones, in an early (if not the first) use of their 4-slot hardware, even had text "'You've played the pinball.." during its attract mode

Roller coaster is one of the "in" games. Most jpm are desirable due to great game play but few survive as the batteries leaked on the boards. A common issue to fruits and pins
Nearly all of the 90's impact/vogue JPM's were excellent - exciting, brilliant audio, required skill (within reason), tactical and unpredictable. Never found MP4 games to be quite so much fun.

Dearly miss my old Big Bucks and Big Banker. Never found a Big50 though... Apparently Ricochet is unobtainable.

Jpm's Indiana Jones, in an early (if not the first) use of their 4-slot hardware, even had text "'You've played the pinball.." during its attract mode

I sold one a few years back and it went to Norway! Must of sold too cheap!

Apologies for going further off-topic, but I think it was Big Banker that I found and reported a software problem with. I was called because the location had used the refill key/switch to add tokens, but its 'IOU' total went the wrong way when adding them - it increased rather than decreasing towards zero, meaning that it remained in IOU and couldn't be played. I reckoned that I'd have to clear its Ram memory, either by unsoldering the wire link for the battery, or using the program card from an Indiana Jones, which luckily for me was in the other bar. I remember BB as having an appetite for 12v bulbs, almost on a par with that of Williams Fire! for flash-bulbs.

Impact/Vogue; I'd forgotten what the system was called, assuming that it's the one that was introduced with games like Indy and BB

Last edited:
It was a distinctive cabinet. As I recall, Indy (if it was the first usage) had weedy speakers, which were re-located and improved for later games

I’m currently collecting impulse machine glasses so if any one comes across those give me a shout :D

Also really wanted to some how run a epoch machine using a raspberry pi + epoch emulater as reken it is possible! :D

To follow on from this thread I picked up 2 machines yesterday one was a jpm roller coaster not the one in the vogue cabinet but a slightly newer one and an ace pot of gold both working and on new coins and in excellent condition and for an added bonus no money exchanged hands.

Oooo any picks of the roller coaster? I saw one going for like £800 on eBay few weeks back (vogue version) crazy how much those old jpms are going for these days

Back
Top Bottom