What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! 8 driver board aux ribbon cable (5795-10938-32)

Durzel

Registered
Hi,

Looking for the long ribbon cable that goes from the MPU to the 8 driver aux board on Twilight Zone and other superpin games.

I know PH sell the whole set but all my other ones are new (or look a hell of a lot newer), and I don't need one of them due to GI OCD.

If you have one, preferably new and unused, I'd like it :)

Thanks!

Daz

Yes, I'm sure this single cable is on the website.... most of them are or can do full sets.

Have a look at what it would cost you to make up a set from quality components! Then call Phil P or Andy N and get a new set ordered, I make them for my work and make my own, but to make a set or three for yourself it’s just not worth it. As you said you don’t know how old the others are, so with that in mind and knowing the issues dodgy ribbon cables can cause, I would personally recommend just replacing all the ones you require.

Chris.

@Durzel I wonder what games use 30" and which 32". Order that one anyway and I'll make it 32" for you.
I’ll jump into the TZ manual and see if I can find the part number. It may be that it’s supposed to be 30” anyway.

@taz turbo - the others look fine and the only issue I have is 100% related to the ribbon between the MPU and the aux board. The ribbon that is in there looks old and isn’t very tight. I’m getting an occasional locked on flasher which is classic ribbon iffyness.

E051FA62-522D-4F02-AE8F-36F816C3E6BD.jpeg

Typically the TZ manual is wrong because aux board was on the left of the backbox in prototype.

Seems it’s definitely 32” though, going by other sites.

Have ordered @philpalmer :)

Thanks! :) With any luck it might turn up tomorrow, but if not no big deal.

I don't know how long that existing cable is to be honest, I would presume it is also 32". You can probably tell from that photo that it is the only ribbon without black connectors, and is visibly older (yellowed) than the others. It had slightly popped off the MPU end causing grief before, and I put it back on but booted to a locked on flasher the other day, so it's definitely knackered. Damn ribbons.

@philpalmer cable turned up today - thanks!

The red wire is different to my existing cable (flipped), meaning the little keying tab that would normally sit in the connector on the PCB would be wrong on one end. Since neither board has a housing, I assume I can just install the ribbon following the red cable polarity and not care about the tab?

Sorry, stupid question I know.

Last edited:
Didn't need to be 32" and those black connectors on the others are messing with my OCD!

Back
Top Bottom