What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete 8 Ball Deluxe LE

Congrats dude, looking fantastic
£2300 sounds a lot, but I think with how well its turned out you could get all your money back if you ever do decide to sell.
With the time spent, would you really have been doing something more fun anyway, not like you were missing out on jacuzzi parties with drunken nurses, oh hang on......

What were the top five most time consuming and expensive elements?
1. Hard top playfield overlay £326
2. New drop targets and plastic set £212
3. Alltek MPU board £195
4. Pinball Pimp cabinet stencil set £181
5. Upper playfield parts: Plastic star posts, rollover lanes guides rubbers, flipper bats, pop bumpers and covers, flipper rebuild kits £179

Time:
1. Strip out everything from the cabinet and repair, sand, prep for repainting
3. Strip everything off the playfield top and major mechs bottom
3. cabinet painting and restencilling
4, Dismantling mechs, cleaning and rust removal, rebuilding
5. Putting it all back together

1. Hard top playfield overlay £326
2. New drop targets and plastic set £212
3. Alltek MPU board £195
4. Pinball Pimp cabinet stencil set £181
5. Upper playfield parts: Plastic star posts, rollover lanes guides rubbers, flipper bats, pop bumpers and covers, flipper rebuild kits £179

Time:
1. Strip out everything from the cabinet and repair, sand, prep for repainting
3. Strip everything off the playfield top and major mechs bottom
3. cabinet painting and restencilling
4, Dismantling mechs, cleaning and rust removal, rebuilding
5. Putting it all back together
Wow, ok costs as long as you don't need all of them! I'm sure there is a lesson here for all of us...look after your pins!

yes i love stern lightening. it’s playable but needs a cab refurb. would love a new playfield for it. great game.

Nice job on this, looks fantastic. Well worth the effort.
I wonder what a ceramic ball would be like in this, looks like a cue ball. Could the targets handle the speed? Always worry’s me on TZ.

You have a, not "Deluxe", "the most Luxurious" aprons in your pinball I ever done.

I was eager to do this kind of printing for a user that trust in my work.

Enjoy and good work!:)

Greetings!

Last edited:
Fantastic work @AlanJ . Honestly it's really great.

You may enjoy a couple restorations I did with my son, Ben. The first was when he was 14 years old, and my first restoration:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-father-and-sons-first-restoration

Then I did this one a couple years ago, it was an epic journey:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-father-and-sons-second-restoration

One thing I learned: In the future, I will definitely use the HEP method of sanding off all the paint on the apron, paint the base color, then use printed slide-on water decals for the striping, then use clear on top of that. My method using frisket was a failure because I suck at painting details.

My dream is to do an 8 Ball Deluxe. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom