What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

47 / 44 LED Replacement Lamps

Biff

Site Supporter
10 Years
Alias
****a
Hi

I am shopping a Zac Quens Castle EM, stripping down, tumbling and refitting etc - all except playfield, this bit I am just cleaning up and sorting mechs so it runs for now as i need it all running for March for a League meet round mine. After which it will be stripped down and the inserts refixed, touched up etc etc etc. Just dont have time right now.

Anyway. I Am after recommendations for LEDs that look like incandescent lamps. I want to use them sunders insert to avoid burn. There used to be some kc king around i used them on my circus, they were fine so long as you bought a job lot batch. They looked the part, worked and had little colour or warmth variance.

What is the choice these days please for BC 44 and 47 replacements?

BTW there are over 80 lamps on the playfield alone for this game - 80 lamps! I though that was quite lot for an EM. Will put some before n after pics up soon. I actually started this 3 years ago, stripped the head and tumbled the parts. 3 years later got my sweet tins out with the bits and my digital pictures. About 70% complete on the head. I do need to remove main metal kit again though as i want to retreat for wood ,worm. I have no idea if it still has it, so am going to assume it does and give it three good cotes, inject all holes and repeat again later this year and again twice next. It had one treatment from me 3 years ago. Any more advice for wood worm? Am i worrying too much or not enough? What do others use?

I guess you wont like my next project then... :)

Q still stands, anyone any recommendations?

Dude, I like the warm white LEDs that @PinballDaze sells :thumbs: I can show you some different types when you come over :)
Those bayonet LEDs that Dave sells have the best light dispersion of any I have seen. If there is one slight negative it is that they are slightly larger diameter than a regular bulb (obviously not the bayonet part). This is usually not an issue but occaisionally can be a problem if the bulb is going into a snug hole.

Those bayonet LEDs that Dave sells have the best light dispersion of any I have seen. If there is one slight negative it is that they are slightly larger diameter than a regular bulb (obviously not the bayonet part). This is usually not an issue but occaisionally can be a problem if the bulb is going into a snug hole.

Yes, this has been said by others.

Back
Top Bottom