What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printers

Robbie

Site Supporter
Can anyone recommend a sub £600 3D Printer, something that would be good to learn with for both myself and the kids?
I have been trying to read up but seems like a minefield of options, or suggest any good resources to get me through the basic decisions?

Thanks
Rob

Can anyone recommend a sub £600 3D Printer, something that would be good to learn with for both myself and the kids?
I have been trying to read up but seems like a minefield of options, or suggest any good resources to get me through the basic decisions?

Thanks
Rob
Hi,
I don't think you'd go far wrong with a Creality Ender 3 pro. I've had mine for a few years and it's been very reliable and all parts are readily available if something does go wrong.
Phil

There's a bit of info here, but it is 3 years old so things may have moved on a bit by now. I started the thread but never ended up buying one. You are right, it is a bit of a minefield with all the different options out there - https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/3d-printing.41273/

Have a look at Amazon to see what the best sellers are and which get the best reviews.

I second the prusa as the most ‘plug and play’ option. But they still throw a fit every now and then, and when they do they are a pain to fix (he says, staring at the dead prusa waiting for a new hot end on the desk).

Ive got a Creality CR10 and its been grand. Replace the hot end a couple times now - but then Ive been thru a lot of filament - so have printed a lot :)

Heres what im currently printing:
nyymSAxzXX-EdKPV36oNbAq_TtnPGFGv8XoeD3Ut3XJWiBvyR-KdwF8tIfcSvspwKERHlgTCHquKqRcHeTdW4_YQYohcNnynuj4G0zQcwPBYL1rEKWTedArb93fIvCd5sv9APghSkxoSCw4c-BT7aD9X-mJau3a7B7VHCHsaOiTCIHEVzWdDAs38WhHQc8XgyqdzS7GNm63Xv-1dky6VebFPQjdV25B2WEj0QLoC5wtFn7YwbWIJX4CKxGfFnKMdLuJrje5g0QtRI6io0O2tEHSJRRF2f4yqX7ju3n794Ire-AvJX1xm5Vp88_7gfkMf-uTjbINJXIu8GhrAECy5toA5Kc-DAA5tH1X_5gf8p0B0sx-Tk2esVrOYZdI-xJsGuALtelicj78e4UFZhb2cbCht0moo7tYcLWenY9Dmup0MEhYnOCXXEty89nOiIW8YuzNPd2r0b97kZRd4MokYeUxVnRXExxqT4leksvUEZyhOgGuNhSa1fuVXGsacZdqhefvknvuGxh7Kcdps5GH-Pi8ESpKJr01O9zqsbmxnMhR22gVmnD_krkgXVtKHH1di7rcGPqjW2Xeq92oB64kx1uNt9NMp3GZ2YdmcduYymJpkBXxbZY1xUsTg2-7chbIQj3PyYkg7xRu4vwHAi4irkGF0L3CF7WnxgVlG52KwsX9EHlklzR78FRZPlRDGuFLPs7p5BqPC6t1O6s91Sh0X3Q6kTw=w1366-h615-no

And these are what ive just finished.
8evdZwBo1DuU79O5R5ryWYcYEqtUrivXh0vOF_ZQCNKDbegfOdzH8SJkCK9RzMnDz_8YTh9-oPEwFoubwiehNRu7qqWHjs5CpsFJHpmCXoRqFJDUp1MkeM345oLYTA9bbh4FHom4zbZo27VZIpnP4JM1IJUH9r9mzXILyoWvKYU4pLKB5XdfgagA2-rf88aoukW5NoFPbuq6DSlBJyROnP77ZYJXcwG7nFDwkKSvEH55WEdPiJUjXXyLlaa4M_WayqdhFS465QAbMt-seMhY0zsaeXn3MZpi4mJ_MpjkULIhl1xNss4mAHIVO6KM2FiVksYYaozytGHuC8ImByEEylu2ezqUm2Hyg2IooLvpGnOCrZksCz0-P08kuj9OfwyoLtvyicbxGlLO1P0eTXj_Nv7b_mEzLx39G24oe5CF7odwy1oamZ-_X1LcScTkoLReT70tsX-Qf-ZSWpVS06Fs21Qw9ukvTm2XIVmy4HLWZopzqdGJCqtnjHY4aATcLTAJev_UsMqzFpqQI5pOkhAta6XhovQlbU2iq6XrR8VYn5rVgdm6Fc28b6CsLHa8yFT-jM0a6I-H73XLVtSOX39SZl3NJI6UU7d78AsQ1l3SZJmU8UzSAysVUz3XxMMyfHj1b25yclxxbjtOGoLr20PMZTEzSVf-wkteg0LeWmSkXHSkgMUEbB8P3cH43SdiAiTcD0YW_OIpRTgzEadgqa3sZ5Cmvw=w1366-h615-no

I couldnt get my Prusa to work.... sent it back... I think I was unlucky (or possibly operator errors). In the end I went with the Resin printing tech - it just works. I bought an Elegoo Mars 2. Recommend it... the quality of print is amazing.

I would look for a second hand Prusa if you can find one. One of the most reliable on the market IMO, if you arent into poking at them every 5 minutes, and just want to turn it on and print :)
yeah, you should really consider if the 3d printer is going to be a hobby or a tool. most of the cheaper ones i would consider a hobby since you will be spending a lot of time fiddling to get it (just) right or improve on the quality.

i use a cheap ass anet A6 myself which i bought for my homebrew pinball, but wouldn't reccomend it for someone just wanting a tool to print some pieces.
it works great for the money (cost lest then 200 euro) but every now and then i have to spend some time tuning the damn thing, and you learn what the thing does well and what it doesn't.
great for someone who likes playing around with it, but not great if you just want the thing to print what you have made.

on the other side, it did help me a lot to better understand the whole machine and process of printing, also counts for something

sidenote , if you want to make some bigger pieces then your printer you can also get some cheap 3d-pen. great for welding pieces together to make something larger. only downside is it most of the time doesnt get pretty so you'll have to sand it. I use one (10$ china cheapscate version) sometimes and for stuff that doesnt need to be pretty or perfect it works great

I couldnt get my Prusa to work.... sent it back... I think I was unlucky (or possibly operator errors). In the end I went with the Resin printing tech - it just works. I bought an Elegoo Mars 2. Recommend it... the quality of print is amazing.
If it was a Prusa mini they had a lot of issues.
EM2 is a nice printer,great print quality.
I just cant handle the messy fluid and fumes on those wet printers.

If it was a Prusa mini they had a lot of issues.
EM2 is a nice printer,great print quality.
I just cant handle the messy fluid and fumes on those wet printers.
I went all in! Bought the Prusa 3 with colour changing mech! Self build... And I just kept getting birds nests. Probably didn't build it right. The colour changer never really worked for me... So stopped trying to get that to work. In the end I lost patience. Everyone else who has a Prusa swears blind by them.

I went all in! Bought the Prusa 3 with colour changing mech! Self build... And I just kept getting birds nests. Probably didn't build it right. The colour changer never really worked for me... So stopped trying to get that to work. In the end I lost patience. Everyone else who has a Prusa swears blind by them.

Have been contemplating the MMU2s for a while... problems are twofold... Space to put multiple reels, and the fact it's nearly £300... along with some of the nightmare stories i have seen....

Back
Top Bottom