What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printed items

That's a very interesting documentary. Not tried these before and see, like regular plates, that they are made for different filament types. Is bed adhesion and/or warping any different/worse as I'm currently getting excellent results on my Mk4 using eSun PLA SL?

That's a very interesting documentary. Not tried these before and see, like regular plates, that they are made for different filament types. Is bed adhesion and/or warping any different/worse as I'm currently getting excellent results on my Mk4 using eSun PLA SL?
Adhesion is definitely less than from a standard textured plate, and I've found I need a brim to stop warping - but that could also be due to the model printed (similar to my bolt/ball carriers).
Not sure how applying glue would impact on the holographic effect.

The fact that it can only work on the face on the bed, kind of limits its usefulness. Add in that grease from fingers also removes the effect means that its probably little more than a novelty .

On the plus side, the finer textured plate (than the Bambu original) on the other side works great. At only a tenner its worth it overall

Adhesion is definitely less than from a standard textured plate, and I've found I need a brim to stop warping - but that could also be due to the model printed (similar to my bolt/ball carriers).
Not sure how applying glue would impact on the holographic effect.

The fact that it can only work on the face on the bed, kind of limits its usefulness. Add in that grease from fingers also removes the effect means that its probably little more than a novelty .

On the plus side, the finer textured plate (than the Bambu original) on the other side works great. At only a tenner its worth it overall
Thanks. I'd expect glue to likely level out the surface and reduce the ability to transfer the micro indentations to the print, but only a test will find out for sure. Not a problem for me as oddly enough I've never needed to use glue sticks, hair spray and the like. Agree it seems a good novelty for the price and a feature advantage of filament over resin!

Made this prototype for a bit of design engineering practice. If you're familiar with Slot Car/Scalextric tracks, then you'll know that to overcome the effect of voltage drop on long tracks it's necessary to effectively shorten the path by running intermediate cables linking the tracks. Depending on layout, these often need to run under tracks which is a bit of a nuisance as space is very tight. This adds a feature to the circuit and is a neat way to route the cable across tracks.

Attachments

• PXL_20231229_190704332.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231229_190704332.MP.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20231229_190648478.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231229_190648478.MP.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20231229_190526199.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231229_190526199.MP.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20231229_190344196.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231229_190344196.MP.jpg