What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone to Ebay 2P Pusher Machine (Whittaker "Gambler")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Selling my Lovely Pusher since it's just that little too big for the space that i have it in currently...

Pics below, however it's a small-ish 2 player (One each on opposite sides). Currently takes 2p's. Just to clarify there are two separate positions (You could put 2p in one side, and i guess 10P on the other (havent tried, however seems perfectly possible as there's little size difference between the size!!

General condition is reasonable - It works, it has a "win" feature where if a coin goes through the slot in the middle of the rear then it will spin the reel on the top of the machine and dependant on what fruit you get depends on your prize!!!! The sliders go backwards and forwards smoothly without juddering. the "speaker" in the top has been disconnected, and also a cooling Fan has been installed to keep things cool :)

Bad things.... Well as to be expected there's a few scratches, however the general condition is perfectly reasonable and playable. Lights work ok, and I have disconnected the Diverters on the payout doors. Locks have been replaced other than the payout doors which will need two short locks - 5 mins to change if i had the locks!!! (Front perspex doors, Cash box underneath etc all new). Happy to provide as many photos as required - just ask :)

There's one more "bad" thing. One of the perspex coin inserts has cracked, however somewhere i have a scan of a good one - Get printed to vinyl and stick it on a fresh piece of perspex and job done - Perfect!

So - it's around 170cm high, 70cm wide and approx 1M deep (Player-Player sides).

These usually go for silly amounts of money. People like the small pushers since they will fit in houses and gamesrooms as they fit through the door.

This cost me £450 less than a year ago, and i'm looking for £400 back (Which considering i've given it a good clean and replaced a load of fittings etc i think is reasonable).

Item based in Birmingham (Central-ish) - Must be collected by Buyer. This managed to fit (it WAS tight to be fair tho!) into the back of my W-plate Focus estate, so please remember it'll be a tight fit, and will exceed the recommended weight of your roof bars...... Saying that it's much lighter than a pinball, and would be a great addition to a games room :)

Pics below :

IMG_6564.JPG IMG_6569.JPG IMG_6572.JPG IMG_6574.JPG

Last edited:
Ah, these take me back, one of my earliest memories of arcades.
Totally the wrong time for me to buy this, I have nowhere to put it and need all the money I can find to move. :(

The pushers in arcades these days are a total rip off. I'm surprised they're allowed to get away with it! The front of the machine now has a rising ramp and they stack the coins so heavily, there isn't a cat in hells chance of getting much over the edge. As soon as you put coins in, they're pushed out the sides because of the weight stacked at the front.

And to draw you in that little bit more, they'll hang a five pound note on the very end hanging by a small corner.

I nearly went "Falling Down" on the last arcade I was in. Bloody thieves!!

Oddly enough most arcades are full of pusher machines again, and crane grab thingies, a few big boring vid games - usually a racer and a gun game - and no pinball machines :(

The reality is that these machines make more money and appeal to more people, chance to win 2p or the enjoyment of losing 50p while winning 2p outweighs the pleasure of bashing balls around, so arcades go for the easy ££££'s option every time.

Despite having one of these, I have to say that other than the occasional Pinball Machine found at the seaside, I still love to throw a fiver into these. 2p a go, lasts ages... And the sound of the Cash hitting the payout tray... Can't beat it.

Much better than sinking £5 into a fruity in the space of 2 minutes, and thats it - all over :D

Lol!!! Taking the Pic - Used my Iphone, however was getting glare from the light,, so was using one hand to cover the light off the camera....

So not as sinister as it may have seemed ;)

What do you mean, Carl?

Oh, you don't know how they make money out of these?

There are gaps in the left and right hand sides. Money that gets pushed to the sides goes to a secret "operator" cash box. The operator keeps that :)

That's why nowadays, they stack the coins so heavily at the front, it's virtually impossible to push them forward and instead, the money goes sideways down the gaps.

Hence my comment - Thieving gits!

I've seen operators open up the front glass and regroup the coins at the front to help force everything sideways. :(

Congrats on the sale Paul, hope you got what you wanted for it.
Don't know if you are still interested but I got the guy with the Pac Man Pusher down to £500.
Pay and take it away.

no way!!!!! :(

thats an awesome price!! Someone buy it and give me first dibs when they want to sell it on :)

I currently have a Kash Kong.... :) Similar machine :)

Marks got a Kash Kong , I thought it would have done a lot more in the video mode.
A bit underwelmed to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom