What's new

25" Monitor help????

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Been offered an old Jamma cab - I simply want to put a 60 in one card into it.

Does not come with a monitor - but has the mounting for one

Does anyone know of a LCD/LED monitor that could go in without breaking the bank.

I do not particularly want to put a crt in it.

You won’t get a 4:3 LCD at that size. Trying to find any suitable / cheap 4:3 LCD will be difficult.

If I was you I would try and source a CRT, cheaper and more authentic.

The thing is - I am not looking at putting lots of money into it.

Not keen on a CRT. In the end I may give it to a local charity and I do not want to gift something that is a ticking time bomb and capable of giving someone a bad shock......

Not bothered about being authentic - I am putting a 60 in one into it.

I could stick a 32" screen in the cab and set the screen to 5:4 ratio maybe,,,,,

I may stick the cab up for sale as it is.

My Lad stuck an old 4:3 LCD in his with a pandora, fed using HDMI. Cracking picture. I can dig out the Screen info if wanted. I needed to make him a new wooden surround, however is easy to do with the layout (got the same cab).

My Lad stuck an old 4:3 LCD in his with a pandora, fed using HDMI. Cracking picture. I can dig out the Screen info if wanted. I needed to make him a new wooden surround, however is easy to do with the layout (got the same cab).
I bet its not the same cab
This is the bigger one - called tbe deluxe
Never seen one and cant find any info on it
The smaller one is easier to convert.
IMG_8504.jpeg

Are you bothered too much about the visable screen size? 19" 5:4. Mounted inside the rotating mech, with vga input from the 60 in 1 would look ok.... Bit of car tint on the glass bezel to hide the monitor frame

Are you bothered too much about the visable screen size? 19" 5:4. Mounted inside the rotating mech, with vga input from the 60 in 1 would look ok.... Bit of car tint on the glass bezel to hide the monitor frame
I was thinking the same. I had a similar predicament but less difference in dimensions. I made a bezel with black mount board, for mounting photographs. I already had the tool for making the cuts though.

I was thinking the same. I had a similar predicament but less difference in dimensions. I made a bezel with black mount board, for mounting photographs. I already had the tool for making the cuts though.
Mate - it would bug the hell out of me. It would look daft with that much space around it.

Bare in mind the 25" of a crt is the tube size, not the viewable area like an lcd, so a 21.3 4:3 lcd is around 2" smaller, if you can find one. I had one for a while in my 25" sega rally, It didn't look daft.

If not I think an old 40" telly mounted vertically with the picture set as 4:3 might be your best bet, but then you will want to find one that powers straight on, not into standby. If you were to go PC based there are all sorts of great looking bezels you can add on to mame.

Last edited:
Bare in mind the 25" of a crt is the tube size, not the viewable area like an lcd, so a 21.3 4:3 lcd is around 2" smaller, if you can find one. I had one for a while in my 25" sega rally, It didn't look daft.

If not I think an old 40" telly mounted vertically with the picture set as 4:3 might be your best bet, but then you will want to find one that powers straight on, not into standby. If you were to go PC based there are all sorts of great looking bezels you can add on to mame.
Good shout on the diagonal thing.

I have now been offered both cabs so I may sell this one and keep the smaller or vice versa,

Ref Mounting a larger screen vertically, Im not sure you can configure a 19in1 to rotate the picture, or a Pandoras Box, Would need something like a Raspberry Pi or PC to work like that.

Back
Top Bottom