What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 pinball events

ok so what can be updated from this lot?
(i just went to Pinball News calendar)

oh, and i put some dates in for a couple of shindigs at my place :wave: on Sat 25 June and Sat 9 July

11/12 June Play Expo (Glasgow)
18 June - Antwerp Open
Sat 25 June - Dan's "My wife's away so I'm gonna fill my entire house with pinball machines in a totally inappropriate and NSFW extravaganza" (W London) part 1
2/3 July - NERG (Newcastle)
Sat 9 July - Dan's "My wife's away so I'm gonna fill my entire house with pinball machines in a totally inappropriate and NSFW extravaganza" (W London) part 2
23/24 July - Play (Margate)
30/31 July - Revival (Walsall)
30/31 July some tournament in Spain
7 Aug World Cup Revisited Part 3 - (Leicester)
9-11 September - Polish Open
16-18 September - Austrian Open
17/18 September - another unconfirmed Spanish one

17/18 September - Wayne J's attempt at the World Pinball Endurance record (40 hours +) ?livestreamed
29 Sep - 2 Oct Belgian Open
29 Sep - 2 Oct Sweden Boras Open
1/2 October - Belgian Open

8/9 October - NLP/Play (Manchester)
8/9 October - more unconfirmed Spain games
?October - Danish Open

15 or 16 October - Not Another Birthday Tournament (Salisbury)
12/13 November - those Spaniards again
19/20 November - Hungarian Open

?November - As Yet Unnamed Part 2 - Still Unnamed (Birmingham)
4 December - Christmas Cracker (at Terry Sullivan's in Shepshed)
10/11 December - Festive Pinball Gathering (Salisbury)
?December - Romanian Open
30 December - Greg's Robot Bash (Poole)

edit - i put the overseas stuff in blue and updated the first post in this thread

Last edited:
I can confirm:
Xmas Cracker is at Terry's on the 4th December.
World Cup Revisited 2 is actually WCR3

You could always add Sept 17th/18th my Guinness World Record/ Fund Raising Attempt at Walsall Manor Hospital (40hrs is the target). I don't have a website or justgiving page set up yet but will be coming soon.

I think:
The Festive gathering is Dec 11th, but @Moonraker can confirm

The Festive gathering is Dec 11th, but @Moonraker can confirm

I can confirm 11th and 12th Dec.

Others confirmed:
18th June - Antwerp Open (Not Belgium Open)
29th - 2nd Oct - Boras Open, Sweden (Papa circuit) - clashes with Belgium Open (Euro Circuit) that the rest of the world is going to...
4th - 6th Nov - K15 Open, Helsinki, Finland (Euro circuit)
12th - 13th Nov - Spanish (Euro circuit)
19th- 20th Nov - Hungarian Open, Budapest (Euro Circuit)

Still waiting official confirmation:
9th - 1tth Sept - EPC, Lodz, Poland
15th or 16th or both - Not Another BD Tournament, Salisbury

Dutch Open not believed to be happening this year (everyone is now going to Hungary instead).

You could always add Sept 17th/18th my Guinness World Record/ Fund Raising Attempt at Walsall Manor Hospital (40hrs is the target). I don't have a website or justgiving page set up yet but will be coming soon.

Good luck to you Wayne :) not many people know this, however I was lining myself up to do it at the South Coast Slam the following year from the last one... However scs never materialised, so I got away with it ;)

The WR according to the website is 28hrs. Easy I thought, although there is a claim going through for 36hrs, so I'm aiming for 40.

The whole point is not to achieve the WR (which would be nice), but to raise awareness of / and raise funds for prostate cancer.

2 things triggered me to do this:

Firstly, watching the London Marathon - and so many people saying "I'm running in memory of.." I thought why not do it while they are alive?
Secondly, my dad has terminal prostate cancer. The chances are that if he had gone to see his doctor when he first noticed symptoms he could have had treatment and made a 100% recovery. Instead, like so many other men, he put it off and put it off until it was inoperable and had spread. The whole aim is to raise awareness and encourage men to get checked out at their GP as soon as they notice any issues. The chances are (considering the demographic of most here) that there are people reading this post right now who are in the exact same situation. If just one person goes and sees their GP, gets a check-up and then treatment it will have been a success.

I'm still waiting for Guinness to get back to me regarding the attempt (it takes up to 12 weeks), but once I have all of the details there will be (at the very least) a FB page, a thread on here and a justgiving page with all of the details. There will also be a request for a couple of machines (TAF and POTC, or similar stop and go robust machines) as well as volunteers to act as official witnesses and tech support.

Watch this space, or whatever space I create.

Back
Top Bottom