What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1up Arcade AFM

Interesting. Maybe if you want to play everything, you've a limited budget and space, they'll be for you. If you're a player who wants to know rule sets for tournaments it makes sense having one though.

I think most of us here would sooner have a ratty, tatty solid state or come to that EM to play real pinball. Would I have anything 1up? No, not for me. Virtual pinball is only ever going to virtual no matter how good the graphics are, the physics is.

If I can't get under the glass, clean the schmutz out, change bulbs and wax it, I don't want it.

I really want one of these but trying to get hold of one seems nearly impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $600 it looks like a neat little Plug N Play solution for the money. It's the next step up from playing on a PC/tablet and potentially a gateway to the real thing.

Pinball Arcade got me into real Pinball as it did lots of other people.

I don’t think I’ve seen a positive review for it - this one is worth watching:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't look all that great, and that's coming from someone who has a VPin - tables look like the VP9 era (I know they aren't actually VP)
Though I guess for $600 which is what £500? I don't really see how it could be.
I scratch built mine and the wood, bits of pinball hardware - legs, coin door, lockdown bar etc and (used) screens cost about that, then you have to stick a half decent PC in it + VPX/PinballX are free - I'm guessing with this being legit there would be some licensing involved and then a profit margin of course.
I mean the minimum GPU required is realistically a £150 buy second hand in the current market, I don't see how you can build a decent one, even if you're savvy and buy some bits used, for under a grand.

Looks pretty good for the market they are aiming for (it ain’t hardcore pin heads lol) Think my boys would like it.

I am going to get one to mess with, put in a monitor for backglass and upgrade sound etc.

The playfield screen will run at 1080 but NOT with the current board.

You will need to rip out the board and replace with PC.

It will cost £600+ to buy and then using a used PC etc it will cost another £400 for me to upgrade. Then it will run all the VPX and VP9 along with FX2/3 games.

Anyhow - no sign of them coming to the UK so we probably wont get one.......

I am going to get one to mess with, put in a monitor for backglass and upgrade sound etc.

The playfield screen will run at 1080 but NOT with the current board.

You will need to rip out the board and replace with PC.

It will cost £600+ to buy and then using a used PC etc it will cost another £400 for me to upgrade. Then it will run all the VPX and VP9 along with FX2/3 games.

Anyhow - no sign of them coming to the UK so we probably wont get one.......

Let me know if you hear of any available in the UK, as you say, no sign of them being available as of yet [emoji3064]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom