What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired 1997 Medieval Madness (extra dropped)

Expired Due to no activity
Think ebay has moved on since then - fees are still 10% but now capped at £250 not £75!! Hence why a lot of sellers wait for special offer listings i.e. £1 final value fee or £3 fv fee, etc

Better than £750 but still expensive for what is basically advertising it online, albeit to a wider audience!! :)

Think ebay has moved on since then - fees are still 10% but now capped at £250 not £75!! Hence why a lot of sellers wait for special offer listings i.e. £1 final value fee or £3 fv fee, etc

Better than £750 but still expensive for what is basically advertising it online, albeit to a wider audience!! :)
Wow, that is a lot, I'll re-list it if that offer arrives from eBay.

oh, ok thanks. i thought that's what your original advert said but i must be wrong.
good luck with sale, interesting to see what an original MM goes for nowadays

oh, ok thanks. i thought that's what your original advert said but i must be wrong.
good luck with sale, interesting to see what an original MM goes for nowadays
No mate, I edited it down by 250 on eBay and here.
I paid more for it than I'm selling it for.

my apologies. it's a beauty and i reckon a nice original is always worth more (and more desirable than) a remake so good luck with sale.

i reckon you'd do well to post the pictures here as well though, folks are lazy and many won't bother to click through to ebay. lots of nice detailed high res pictures of the wear areas like between the flippers, around the castle, bumper area, ramps ... plus boards etc ..... can only improve sale chances?

It is a bit of a mystery to me why this hasn't sold yet. When I was looking for a mm, there was nothing below 6k..and 6k only got you a mm with wear and faults. So i would have thought a nice mm without fault would easily be worth 7k+. Wrong time of the year? Price dropping? Don't know.
As a mm owner, glws.

I think you might have more luck selling this by drastically reducing your description. Less is more. Nobody wants to read a load of rambling.

I think it's just time of year. These aren't things people buy as gifts for others, and not many will be able to afford this large a gift for themselves so close to Xmas.

It's a buyers market at the moment, lots of new and second hand games in the £6k+ bracket, so buyers are spoilt for choice. I think you might need to drop the price a bit further to find interest on here.

GLWS

In the US the market has shifted with higher priced games dropping due to saturation and this trend will continue in 2018.

I agree that a ton of nice hi res pictures would help. Do you know who re-furbed the cabinet?

MM is a game I would love to own for sure!

Needs a larger price drop to sell this close to Xmas. Also, the gold trim and speaker grill things are probably not helping.

High end pins, need high end adverts.

Last edited:
Also, the gold trim and speaker grill things are probably not helping.
I admit I'm not the target buyer, but I had a second look and naaah, I disagree there with the trim. I'm not sure about the grilles but that gold trim looks great on the machine - and note that it also matches the wireforms, which have been done up gold as well! I didn't expect to see the 'gold' treatment work well on anything other than TOTAN...

That being said, this makes it a mod machine, not a clean original. A fair number of the people with this kind of cash to splash, are going to view anything other than factory original as a detraction...

So... bugger, I actually agree with you in the end Rus. Apologies :D

I've had a few glasses of wine so really shouldn't chip in but I think the bottom line is, the machine is worth the money but not everyone, especially at Christmas time, and especially on this forum has that kind of available cash.
Plus I have never known so many NIB temptations around, there is a load of good new pinball around at the moment and you are competing against that hype feeling.
Your game is proven and is a minter, there may be 100 people wanting it but raising that amount of cash is not easy.
It's nothing against your machine, it is what it is so if you can hold out be patient.
There are loads of if's but it's worth the money, hold out, you will sell it.
Good luck with your sale.

In the US the market has shifted with higher priced games dropping due to saturation and this trend will continue in 2018.

I agree that a ton of nice hi res pictures would help. Do you know who re-furbed the cabinet?

MM is a game I would love to own for sure!
Thanks Replay, yes TomDK was the person the rejuvenated my MM. He is from Germany and whilst I have not spoken with him personally, I did google TomDK Pinball and he comes up on pinballowners.com with recent activity and many many games.

I shall in due course update good hi res pictures.

Needs a larger price drop to sell this close to Xmas. Also, the gold trim and speaker grill things are probably not helping.

High end pins, need high end adverts.
I have to agree. The gold trims are my least favourite add on, they're cheap and tacky at best. However I left them in place because they are so easily removed and the people who are capable of spotting a true original will know how easy it is to revert.

As for the further price drop, you're all correct, I could sell it tomorrow if I dropped it to £6,500, I've turned it down twice and already. The case is though that I actually do need the funds right now which typically is the reason I'm not being offered more, Christmas is certainly a burden sometimes.

Great hi resolution pictures will follow once I have time to obtain them. I did a few today but I'm not happy with the reflections. Can those with experience please say, am I better obtaining playfield shots with machine off or on?

Take the glass out for photos.

I don't honestly think you're going to get the price you want even after xmas. Prices for TAF seem to go crazy on the run up to xmas so I don't think it's that people with £7k to spend on a pinball machine are waiting until after xmas. If anything they want it before xmas so family can play. But as others have said, nowadays there are extremely good brand new machines for that price and less, plus the MM remake....which makes a 20yr old machine a much less temtping proposition than it was a few years ago. If its not selling its because the price is too high, simple as that. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

I personally agree with holding out. Just because it doesn't sell fast doesn't mean it isn't going to sell at all. In just pure and simple numbers there are few people that are browsing with £7K burning a hole in their pocket.

But there are some, and if I was looking for a machine of that line of cost, MM, old or not, is a machine that's up there for consideration with any NIB game on my list, and the 'old' bit is less important when it's a clean, renovated example. Even against the remake it has the advantage of being The Original(tm) which matters a LOT to some people, letting aside the prior mentions about how those sorts of people will quibble about the trim, and it's a known quantity - MMR is still a bit of a unknown and I've heard the beginning of the scary rumors and gossip already - and let's not forget, underneath that playfield, MMR looks like this - http://www.planetarypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/MM-PreProPFBot.jpg - in my eyes that's an easy point to the original.

All depends on how long you're prepared to wait to find a buyer, or how desperate you are for the cash injection.

I don't honestly think you're going to get the price you want even after xmas. Prices for TAF seem to go crazy on the run up to xmas so I don't think it's that people with £7k to spend on a pinball machine are waiting until after xmas. If anything they want it before xmas so family can play.
That's a very fair point. The only alternative angle to that I could see is that TAF is The Special Pin That Everybody Knows. Non-pinheads I could see randomly splashing out for that as a Christmas bombshell, whereas the pinheads that would hunt down a MM I would equate to being a mix of people with a ton of money to burn at all times, or people like the rest of us here, nursing an expensive addiction that is being chained up and restrained until the xmas period is done with...

Or that could just be a load of shee-ite and people are just spending elsewhere.

Last edited:
The colour DMD on the remake looks brilliant

Agree, although I think it was harsh to charge so much for it, should have shipped with it imho. (I've got one, I'd sell it to make room for another only).

Yes the way they managed that was **** - looking forward to the widescreen that CGC are going to do as an upgrade :)

Back
Top Bottom