What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale 1981 Bally games

andy

Site Supporter
Up for sale is my complete collection of 1981 Bally games - so 8 games in all.

In my previous house I only had room for one game so I got a storage unit to be able to rotate games and not have to buy/sell every time I wanted to change the game. Amongst the games built up over the years are all 8 classic 1981 Bally titles, the idea being one day I’d have enough space to have them all set up in a nice long line! I’ve now moved house and I have room for more than one game set up but certainly not 8 and I have other games I want to play as well) and any future house move is likely to be downsizing.

So I am offering all 8 for sale if anyone wants to take them all. If I don’t sell them now I will gradually bring them home, play and then probably sell but for any particular game that may be years away, and having just brought a Star Wars out of storage which has issues now it didn’t have when it went in, pinballs are definitely better off being played than indefinitely stored - plus of course storing them costs money!

The list of games and a rough guide to their condition is below, if anyone has any serious interest I will get pictures taken at the weekend. I’ll post backglass pics tonight as those are stored at home, they are all in very good condition.

Please note I am only interested in selling all in one go, please don’t ask to have dibs on any particular game as if they don’t all go now I’ll be keeping them all and gradually bringing them home, if and when I want to sell any of them in future they will get offered on here.

Please also note that they are sold as-is, they were all fully working (or at worst working with minor issues) when put into storage but I can’t guarantee they still do, and there is no electricity at my storage to test them. They are all complete and come with (quite tatty) legs, there’s also a box of spares (inc a new Altek MPU, nos Embryon plastic set and some displays) but not a huge amount.

Elektra - cab a bit faded good playfield

Flash Gordon - really nice playfield under tatty and peeling Mylar, very faded cab.

Centaur- nice cab and pretty good playfield, aftermarket say it again board.

Fathom - nice cab, reasonable playfield.

Fireball 2 - really nice and shiny, overall very good

Medusa - very good playfield, cab a bit faded.

Embryon - nice playfield and cab.

Eight Ball Deluxe - repainted cab (not original design), very good playfield though.

Price is £17,500 ono for everything.

Andy

Last edited:
Hi i’m sorry but i don’t have £17.5k to spend on 5 games but i am interested in Fathom if that is a possibility ?

Did you forget to list Elektra, or is it a not-quite complete 1981 collection?

1710768730159.png

I have to say, this is giving me massive deja vu!

Yeah it's a shame it's a job lot. I've been waiting on something of this era. Like Seikokid, Fathom is if interest to me. Maybe some others. Pictures would help.

I have to say, this is giving me massive deja vu!

Back in 2013 I bought this full set of 1981 Bally machines! I'll let you guess how much Pinflation has happened since then!

1710769020331.png

They're a great set of games, whoever buys will have a lot of fun! Over the next ten years I gradually fell out of love with a few of them and moved them on, and I sold some when I needed the cash. I still have one left, Flash Gordon, it's in the same room as me right now, it has been a fixture of my office for many years.

Attachments

• 1710768982749.png
    1710768982749.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 79
Me too. I had a lot of time invested in tracking them down. I still know where 4 of them are.

I have such a poor memory for these sort of things. I've just been browsing through my old messages trying to work out where different ones went. I'm thinking Embryon was probably the one we used to have here? Now that was a very cool game, I'd definitely have one of them again some time!

From memory Eight Ball Deluxe and Fireball 2 were from @ronsplooter and Embryon was from @Sven Normansson

I don’t think any of the others came from anyone who is still (or ever was) on here, but I have had them all for quite a few years now so happy to be corrected!

Many of you will have played Embryon at in Croydon but in the UK its easily the rarest on this list. Ive only had one and only seen one on eBay ever.

From memory Eight Ball Deluxe and Fireball 2 were from @ronsplooter and Embryon was from @Sven Normansson

I don’t think any of the others came from anyone who is still (or ever was) on here, but I have had them all for quite a few years now so happy to be corrected!
I sold all mine to Ross. Bought back fireball 2 (@steve brum ) and Embryon went to Mcrae).

Fathom was imported from germany, had 2 made 1 good one from them and sold the other for what they both cost)
Centaur was scrap bought from that auction for £50.
Fireball2 was bought from a lady in Bridlington
Elektra was gifted to me by @Telboy
Embryon came from Lee Buck after I visited him to pick up an Elektra glass after the one I had exploded in my hands
EBD came from an estate raid with Spike, we got 3 machines (EBD, Centaur2 and future spa)
Flash Gordon was from @myPinballs
Medusa was an ebay purchase

Happy days! and to get them all is very rare and this is a rare opportunity to get the best year in Bally's history.

This lot in a line with proper incandescents is a thing of absolute beauty.

High watermark pinball art from the best in the business.

Forget your 2024 Isa. Buy these and enjoy tax free investments.

I think that's the crux of it, people with that kind of money and space wanting that collection are going to be few and far between.
I do agree and if I don’t sell them that’s ok with me. I have had some interest and we’ll see where that goes.

I will say thought that if I do sell I’ll be looking to use some of the money to buy a game from the more expensive end of the pinball pricelist, so I might be interested in including such a game as part of a trade instead.

For example an LCD Stern like Godzilla, Mando etc, or classic B/W like Scared Stiff, TOTAN, TOM or Addams.

Andy

Whats the motivation for trying to sell them as one deal mate?
Selling them in one as-is bundle is by far the easiest for me, if I’ve got to start moving them about (which involves hiring a vehicle each time games are moved to/from my storage) and spending time on them I’ll be keeping them and gradually bringing them home, playing them and eventually selling them as fully working games at some point in the future.

Which would be a perfectly acceptable outcome for me! :)

I would just put them up priced individually - payment up front and book Martin to collect them on same day. Just have it has a clause in the listing you must use him.....

Have no idea what the real values are in 2024.....

You could speaker to Pete Hardman who sells on Marketplace..... He would collect in one go but not sure if you would get that much out of him.

As a bulk deal I think you would be looking at selling to a 'trade' person rather than a collector.

Unless someone wants to start another post on here and organise a 'group buy out'....

Back
Top Bottom