What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

****! :(

Nedreud

Registered
Hopefully that title caught your eye, but I'm sorry to say this is nought but a tale of woe... I just want a little whinge and a moan 'cos the chances of me getting to my pinball machines over the next 3-6 months is looking pretty minimal. Also explains my near total absence on here during the last week.

My wife is a very fit and keen runner. She was putting in 5-10 miles a day and often went morning and evening. But about 3 weeks ago something "went" in her left hip. It hurt a lot. She gave it a bit of rest and it went away. A few days later she tried another run and had to to literally crawl back to the house. After a 1am visit to the X-ray department at A&E they said she'd fractured her pelvis!

In her own words, my wife has "broken her bum".

Apparently this is not an altogether uncommon running injury in keen female runners. Today I took her back to A&E as her pain and symptoms had worsened considerably, even after nearly a weeks rest. Another doctor did lots of bending and squashing of legs this time, examined the X-ray in detail, and this time, declared that her pelvis was not fractured. Instead she has some kind of severe ligament/cartilage/muscle damage. He booked her in for physio tomorrow morning although she's still going to the fracture clinic on Thursday.

And the ultimate irony? My wife started running because she took up the NHS C25K - Couch to 5 Kilometer - challenge.

See, exercise is bad for you!
Exactly what my wife said!

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments :) In the grand scheme of things there are far worse things that could happen and it's just an injury, not something terrible like a terminal illness. Just a bit miffed that any free time will be spent fetching and carrying, school runs, etc., instead of the more important task of restoring my lovely old pinball machines ;) I've got this week off work as I was supposed to be building a wardrobe for my daughter and hoped if I did it quick enough I'd have a day or two free for some proper pinball repairs.

Please tell her not to do running again.

Smoking Tabs and Drinking beer is the only way to live ;)

More importantly, tell her to get well soon :)

(From someone who is trying desperately to get over Achilles Tendentious.. and failing as he REFUSES to rest his leg...)

Back
Top Bottom