What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted 12" 4 ohm speakers?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
5Years
Looking for a set of 12" speaker cones 4 ohms for an NSM jukebox?

Cheers Ronnie

I would advise getting them re-foamed. Have worked on MANY NSMs and they never sound good with new speakers. This is not a hard job to corrent.

If the speakers are gone then I would get them re-coned. Or check jukeboxparts.co.uk - see if Leon has any used ones.

NSM speakers have a very light suspension. Putting in replacements will drastically change the sound of your jukebox.

Can get kits like this.

I would advise getting them re-foamed. Have worked on MANY NSMs and they never sound good with new speakers. This is not a hard job to corrent.

If the speakers are gone then I would get them re-coned. Or check jukeboxparts.co.uk - see if Leon has any used ones.

NSM speakers have a very light suspension. Putting in replacements will drastically change the sound of your jukebox.

Can get kits like this.

Thanks, yes I gathered that was the way to go, so i have ordered 2 foam rings and studied videos, the other 2 lower speakers were the same but I replaced those with 2 kenwood speakers so hope they will be ok.

Cheers Ronnie

I would refoam originals. The cabs are voiced to those speakers and the cross overs are tuned to them.
Yeah those 2 were binned sometime ago! It’s a long story, will just need to see how it sounds with the kenwood one’s

Thanks ronnie

Another issue I have is trying to read all the discs, P160 as soon as I type it I get error in the display?

Also had issues with the changer getting stuck sliding out or returning trays! It's been a pain in the neck! I cleaned all the trays and the stack and it's improved but will still at times stick, mostly right stack from 51 to 56

Thanks Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom