What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

£16K for BBB

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
OK So I have had a lot of interest from buyers, however they all seem to be in France!

Had an offer of £16K with all my spares.

Discuss!

£16K is a lot of dough. I don't really want to sell it, don't need to sell it.
It may be remade in the future, but will probably cost around £10K with the way pinball prices are going.

Got a TBL coming, and Hobbit (eventually!) and no space.

Pinsit Dave?
Then again I don't think I'd like the responsibility. Seen it, briefly played it. Your shack is a shrine
You could break my arm though[emoji6]

Do you think it's worth the perceived £16k value?

That's 2 Limited Edition Sterns, 2 JJP's, or at least 4 B/W A-rated titles. I know I couldn't keep that much value in 1 single game - I don't think I could value any game that highly.

My view - sell it. Even if they do remake it, then if your maths are true you've still gained £6k.

That's 2 Limited Edition Sterns, 2 JJP's, or at least 4 B/W A-rated titles. I know I couldn't keep that much value in 1 single game - I don't think I could value any game that highly.

My view - sell it. Even if they do remake it, then if your maths are true you've still gained £6k.

It's a good game in its own right. It's got good flow and dots. The artwork, I think, is some of the best I've seen. Always makes me smile when I play it.

They have a interesting story behind them, with the production problems and the assembly. The game which undoubtably is responsible for the pre-order culture of today.

Last edited:
Sell it. I assume the license isn't an issue since there was already a re-run / remake, and given its obscene pricing it's an ideal candidate for remake #3 after AFMr. Which is supposedly revealed and up for immediate sale at TPF in March. If it is remade, you'll probably be able to get one for less than half the money you sold it, plus the possibility of having awesome dots if they do the same as MMr. Maybe news leaks that it is #3 and price drops to £10K overnight.

As much as I hate selling pins, I think I would have to sell any pin that I had been offered £16k for. You could buy pretty much any 2-3 top titles for that money and still have change

sixteen grand?

wow, i remember a year or two ago when you said you'd sell this for ten grand (not that i was offering or negotiating!) so if someone just offered you sixteen then i agree with the others, i reckon you should bite his arm off.

but first, i was hoping to come round and have a go on it!

Always buy low, sell high is the mantra.
That is an insane offer and that deal would fund all manner of new pins.
If they do re-make it , there will be another 1000 and HUO will eventually be 6k.
The pinball bubble will burst eventually so it would be a definite sell for me!

Yes, agreed you'd be crazy not to take up that offer. Think a Tron LE is worth about half that, and that seems a hell of a lot to me, or any sane person!

I have no plans to sell my kidney, but if the price is right:popcorn:

16k is insane for any toy. How much would you miss the game? If it makes you happy then keep it. If the prices crash to 6k then would you still keep it? BBB must be at the top of the remake list. I've never played one but assume the value is down to rarity rather than how good the game is (similar to CC)

16k pin tables............... Ouch!
I always thought TAF was out of my reach at around 3k...

I remember a few years ago and people saying they were getting out of pinball ....priced out of the market .....this was when TAFprices were going thru the roof ...... some even hitting 1500 ! :rolleyes:

BBB is rare and desirable enough that it will never drop to 6k. First editions will always keep their value. Books, cars, jukeboxes, pinball.

No-one is going to sell their 10k BBB for 6k. It just isn't going to happen. They'd be of the mind that "i'd rather just keep if if that's the word on the street". You see how that's self-regulating? Suddenly you can't get one even if you tried - unless the price is right. Then people realise its still a 10k+ pin and the price police go quiet. Rarity and collectors' desire will always tend to a sellers market.

You seen a flood MMs for sale recently? Nope. Same story.

Remakes only ever increase the value of originals. Tons of examples in history that demonstrate this.

Keep it. Sell it. I couldn't say either way. In my mimd, 'owning it' is 80% to a collector, and you only live once.

Tim

BBB is rare and desirable enough that it will never drop to 6k. First editions will always keep their value. Books, cars, jukeboxes, pinball.

No-one is going to sell their 10k BBB for 6k. It just isn't going to happen. They'd be of the mind that "i'd rather just keep if if that's the word on the street". You see how that's self-regulating? Suddenly you can't get one even if you tried - unless the price is right. Then people realise its still a 10k+ pin and the price police go quiet. Rarity and collectors' desire will always tend to a sellers market.

Remakes only ever increase the value of originals. Tons of examples in history that demonstrate this.

Keep it. Sell it. I couldn't say either way. In my mimd, 'owning it' is 80% to a collector, and you only live once.

Tim

Strictly speaking this is not an original anyway. The originals were around 12 made? They are the original. After that Gene made 180 odd so that was a re-make.

No idea what the originals sell for. So as this is a reproduction, it makes the case for selling stronger, unless you just love the game and don't care what the price does.

If they get re-made, it will be the re-make of the re-make.

Some of the differences -

Reportedly, the following differences exist in this remake as compared to the 1996 game:
• The electroluminescent lights on the plastic ramp use 12v on this remake while on the original Capcom game they work on 24v.
• The tube dancer is 13% smaller than the 1996 game - Gene Cunningham didn't have access to the original mold.
• All remakes came with numbered plaques for the cardholder (whether or not they may be mounted there).

Last edited:
I expect he had the original dancers moulded that's y they are smaller. Atleast that would be the easy way and would explain the lack of size

Tim

I disagree, if a remake is sold NIB at £6k, the only people claiming originals are still worth £10k will be the owners who paid £10k. Yes they may be worth a slight premium for novelty value, but £4000 extra? Not for me

There was a flood of MMs for sale when the remake was announced actually. I picked one up for £1500 less than I was offered one a year earlier

Also, as said above, BBB isn't a first edition. It's already a BBBr

12 prototypes were made, IPB finished the job.
Gene bought all remaining Capcom stock, game made with Capcom boards, mechs and has the Capcom name. The changes made from the originals were improvements that Capcom would have had to do if the game went into production, like the arrows running on a different voltage on 24 they kept burning out.

I call it a Capcom IPB BBB.

Back
Top Bottom