What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

£1500 Theatre of Magic on Ebay Poll

Was the £1500 Theatre of Magic on Ebay genuine

• I think this a Genuine sale

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • This a Fake April Fools listing

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • really I Dont care :)

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
and the fabled £200 White Water (although no one ever found out who got the White Water) 😂

And to really rub salt in the wound, it looks like it's a home use only in fantastic condition.

I saw this being delivered and even helped load it into the car...it was absolutely mint!!

Enjoyed playing TOM in Tilt not long ago, it flows nicely and seems like it has a lot to do on it. What are people's complaints with it then, that it doesn't have a giant LCD and RGB GI?

Enjoyed playing TOM in Tilt not long ago, it flows nicely and seems like it has a lot to do on it. What are people's complaints with it then, that it doesn't have a giant LCD and RGB GI?

It's a good question. My gut feel is that people just denigrate it due to how you can game the jackpots during multi ball, which is why it doesn't get used in tournaments. I can't help but feel that if people tried a bit harder to play their shots less accurately, like I do, they would enjoy the game more, like I do.

Yeah, you summed up my experience with it really. I got a decent score (in the several hundred million in one game) but didn't know enough about it to be able to game it, and probably enjoyed it more as a result. Similar experence with the two mates I was with. I think we only really scratched the surface of modes and understanding what was going on, but at its core it was consistently fun.

TOM and TOTAN are IMO very special machines, they both have great themes that suit pinball very well, and both are very smooth, with wonderful sound.
They are great family machines and for beginners and skilful players too.
Both games can be made harder and there is plenty of random stuff to keep it interesting.
They both have similar features but play far differently, took me a long time to get both and very pleased with them and so are my family, but if we all liked the same we wouldn’t have the huge diverse amount of machines to choose from that we do, that’s why I love pinball over any other hobby

I’ve had Tom about 6 years and really like it, the sound and atmosphere is good. The game is not complex and easily followed for good rewards, my friends and other people enjoy it a lot.

I think is a great example from that era, along with Totan which I don’t have any more:

Played TOM a lot in tournaments here and abroad, so don't know why people say it's not used in them...

Plus it was one of the first games reproduced for the PC so we got a few people through the door at SWL who wanted to play the real thing.

Played TOM a lot in tournaments here and abroad, so don't know why people say it's not used in them...

To be honest mate I have no idea - I think I just got that impression listening to Bowen talking about it on YouTube!

Edit:
9 minutes in is his comment on that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom