What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Zaccira reset coil (blue)

Pudsey pinball

Registered
Anyone have zaccira coils lurking in a box under a machine ,I need a B- 26 800 score reset coil pm me if you have cheers,as this is the one that has gone nuclear.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 26
I know I have one zac coil in a box in my garage,not sure what it is though,i'll check tommorow

It's only a Williams coil, as are most EM Zaccs. PBR have them, I may have one. I'll look tomorrow. It looks like the match unit signaller high score coil. They always go toast as they are energised for the entire game, only releasing at game over to uncover the match number window.

Last edited:
Zaccaria used an unusual method of showing the match number on some of their EM games. Instead of a number lighting up on the back glass, they used an extra score unit with the numbers in red. It had a small window in the back glass, and the match was read through it at game over. It stepped from playfield scoring just like a normal match unit, but it could not be seen doing it as a metal plate covered the hole during game play. It was held against spring tension by the 26-800 coil. When the game ends, the coil releases and the spring pulls the plate clear of the window, revealing the match number.
It wasn't the best design for the job, and that coil only just has the power to do the job. If it doesn't pull the plunger in, it overheats, and as it's energised for a full game, it doesn't take many games before it burns out. The mech needs to be perfectly clean and free and the spring tension has to be set perfect for it all to work. A bit too much tension on the spring, or friction in the mechanism will stop the coil pulling the plunger in.

Last edited:
the spare zac coil I had was a green one mate,not blue,sorry to get your hopes up

Back
Top Bottom