What's new

Found it! Zaccaria Robot

I'll set the game up tonight when I get home from work and stick a load of pics up. Jim, I might be giving you a shout re: sound ROMs if that's something you could help with. Currently the game speaks in Italian which is very cool but it would be nice to have the English robot voices as well :)

Yes i can sort those out for you. Didn't someone else want a set of sound roms to, steve? Also i have some speech gen ics for zacs as well as a few other ics that may be useful etc

yes please Jim. don't fancy robot speaking about footie. maybe next NLP we could have 2 robots to out "rare" the two goldballs this year LOL

Magic Castle does look a good one. Result anyway on the robot, look forward to seeing it.

IMG_4573.jpg

on standby

I'll set the game up tonight when I get home from work and stick a load of pics up. Jim, I might be giving you a shout re: sound ROMs if that's something you could help with. Currently the game speaks in Italian which is very cool but it would be nice to have the English robot voices as well :)

English speech time :)

IMG_4575.JPG

Got the game out of the car and setup. I'm not going to power it up yet as I need to fix a hack on the power board and after a night out in the car it could do with some time to acclimatise to the kitchen :D This is one awesome looking game (cab needs a clean though).....

GOPR0138.JPG

GOPR0139.JPG

GOPR0124.JPG

GOPR0128.JPG

GOPR0130.JPG

GOPR0132.JPG

GOPR0133.JPG

Looks very cool.

What made you want one of these out of interest? I'd never heard of it until you asked about it. Looks interesting though. Have you played it before?

Got the game out of the car and setup. I'm not going to power it up yet as I need to fix a hack on the power board and after a night out in the car it could do with some time to acclimatise to the kitchen :D This is one awesome looking game (cab needs a clean though).....

View attachment 23105

View attachment 23106
View attachment 23100

View attachment 23101

View attachment 23102

View attachment 23103

View attachment 23104

Frickin awesome dude :) Love this game so much

What made you want one of these out of interest?

Never played or even seen one before :) Was looking at pics of various unusual or rare pins, saw a pic of a Devil Riders and thought that looks pretty cool, I wonder what else Zacc did :) Went on IPDB and had a look at some of the others (Magic Castle, Locomotion) and then saw Robot. Cool sci fi theme so looked at the pics and it looked mega! Went on Youtube and watched a couple of vids...saw the robot heads pop up and was sold, I must own this pin :thumbs:

Never played or even seen one before :) Was looking at pics of various unusual or rare pins, saw a pic of a Devil Riders and thought that looks pretty cool, I wonder what else Zacc did :) Went on IPDB and had a look at some of the others (Magic Castle, Locomotion) and then saw Robot. Cool sci fi theme so looked at the pics and it looked mega! Went on Youtube and watched a couple of vids...saw the robot heads pop up and was sold, I must own this pin :thumbs:

Ah, thought you had played it before. The whole thing is superb. One tech thing to look at and maybe improve is the bulbs inside the pop up robots. They are (from memory) little filament bulbs like the ones in the pacman maze board and the xenon tube light etc. The vibration of hitting them always busted the bulbs!

Nice one Jim @myPinballs :thumbs: I've seen some pics on Pinside where someone put colour changing LEDs inside the robots and it looked really cool. Never worked on a SS Zacc before so will be an interestng thing to tinker with :)

Out of sheer curiosity where did the desire for this pin come from? I've never seen nor heard of it before - one from your childhood, one you've heard about, one you've played before? Enquiring minds want to know... [emoji3]

Lol Mark @teachp8 see one of my replies above, Dean asked the same thing :D Never played it or seen it for real before. Saw some pics, watched a video, saw pop up robots, had to have it :thumbs:

And it's the Lost Boys ;) ....................... I had to cheat and use Google though :oops:

Oops! Just got in after too many pints of Aspall's (yes I know it's a school night) and hadn't seen that! Bonus point awarded although it's obviously minus two for cheating! [emoji6]

I swore id never part with the robot, as I'm well on the way of completing the full electronic zac collection. To be fair, Chris did have to prize it from my hands - especially after spending a week cleaning it, and obtaining all the missing parts from Isa and Italian ebay!

Luckily, a friend in the us has a robot for me, so I'm glad I could help.

I have a few zacc games duplicated (love them!), including hot wheels, fire.mountain, devil riders etc. Am lucky enough to also have a couple of mr game machines, including the mac attack that arrived today from Poland.

Back
Top Bottom