What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Zaccaria Earth Wind Fire PROJECT

Rav

Registered
Alias
Rav
Hi everyone.

I've just taken possession in a deal of several pins, one of which is a Zac "Earth Wind Fire". You'#ll find pictures at:

www.pinkade.co.uk/images/ewf/

As you might spot theres some crystal like "fungi" mould growing on the playfield and the cabs interior. This is likely to be wipe-offable but I simply just photoed it as is as clearly its been a little damp in its past.

On top of that there's a big hole in the bottom and some dry rot damage though clearly the bugs have long since gone!

Being a Zac of course its in solid nick, the artwork virtually intact with a few knocks, the playfield artwork recoverable I'd guess and whilst the backbox glass has some bubbling, its not toast by any shape or form!

Looking at ipdb.org the system is a "Zaccaria Generation 1" and has another 10 siblings so maybe the parts might be more useful in another saver...

To do the deal I had to soak this on eup but have no inclination to do anything with it: before it becomes loose chippings I'm offering it here to see if someone quite rightly wants to take on a project.

I've not turned it on, I have no idea of its functionality, I'm just offering it as-is so someone braver than me can attack it.

To break even ideally I'd need £350 for it but I'd rather listen to offers if it meant saving it from extinction - its gotta be rare and hell the artwork is bright and lovely!!

Happy to trade also..

www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_01.JPG

www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_03.JPG

www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_10.JPG

www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_11.JPG

www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_09.JPG

Scary pictures of the "crystalline" mould (salt??) in the playfield...
www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_04.JPG

www.pinkade.co.uk_images_ewf_ewf_05.JPG

Same here. Also EM found in a shed. Dust mask fitted and brush at arms length. All went and didn't come back. Wonder where it is now?

Rav, do you still have this?

Just picked up a very nice Earth Wind Fire part populated playfield.....

Was tempted on it last night to restore.... but looking at your other pics this morning think the cab damage is beyond my skills.... Shame really, the playfield has some great art on it.

A wall display I think. Thanks anyway.

Oh No - What have I done - Me thinks I've got the very same one now!!

IMG_20150902_173450.jpg

Got a quote for a new cab @ £180 - if I can get it working then I'll go ahead and do a Shop Log

IMG_20150907_194329.jpg

IMG_20150907_194329.jpg

IMG_20150907_200011.jpg

Plugged in and fired up but only GI's come on - not had much time to do much else - may need a lot of help on this one?

Thanks in advance

I see the MPU still has a battery on it... Is there much acid damage underneath it or are you in luck?

TBH not looked underneath - when I powered it up didn't hear anything from the speaker - removed said nacked battery and but a AA in it's place - fired up and got a little slight whirring sound but that's it. I'm a total noob at this - yes I have Apollo 13 put not done any real tinkering with it as not had much time - now the racing season for marshalling is nearly over - will have more time but I'm now were near good enough just yet

Maybe I will start a log. If I don't succeed it'll in be off to Luke as he's got first Dib's

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No need for a new cab, couple of bits of marine plywood and your laughing.

Fair doo's. Would have saved you a couple of quid that's all ;)

I know mate but @ £180 for a new cab, yes they'll be the painting on top, thought that was very reasonable?

Sent from Sender

Thought it may be the same one.... well good luck. Will make a satisfying restoration. :)

I'm just rebuilding my Devil Riders , which is a Generation 2 game - although I do have an Earth, Wind and Fire...... Would be happy to take on the board repairs.

Also have a Clown, Farfalla, Fire Mountain, Hot Wheels, Locomotion, Pinball Champ, Shooting the Rapids, Zankor and a very rare "Strike".

Back
Top Bottom