What's new

Sold zaccarai robot £2k

GezTheHealer

Registered
Testing the waters with this.. *

The machine is featured here:

And more recently here:

Pics to come. It’s a nice players condition machine.

Positives: during my ownership It’s been stuffed full of comet LED’s. The boards have had a once over before I got it and I’ve never had an issue with them. Playfield is bright and colourful. Mylar protecting it. Game is fully working (save for knocker solenoid).
Did also have some love from James @ Majestic Pinball - new rubbers, top of playfield stripped and cleaned & new rings on the bottom of the pop bumpers. As well as a go-over of the Gottlieb flippers.

Negatives: Gottlieb flippers? Not original, but playing well. Cabinets okay but no show pony. Square tape around the buttons (not sure how it looks underneath - never took it up). And some playfield wear just above the flippers/lowest insert (beneath Mylar now)

Plays fun and fast, satisfying getting the bridge and slappin’ the robots in the face. Sounds/speech are fun as well. When you tilt he says ‘Ouch, you hit too hard!’ Not that I ever hear him say it…

* I’m thinking of selling to fund another machine, pending having a look at it. Not 100% I want that yet.. but I can’t get it if I don’t sell Robot.. so if your interested in a Robot - let me know.

Price is £2300 or best offer

Collection from Trowbridge in Wiltshire, though depending where you are I could help get it to you.

Photo's attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7940.jpeg
    IMG_7940.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_7954.jpeg
    IMG_7954.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7955.jpeg
    IMG_7955.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_7956.jpeg
    IMG_7956.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7957.jpeg
    IMG_7957.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_7958.jpeg
    IMG_7958.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_7960.jpeg
    IMG_7960.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_7961.jpeg
    IMG_7961.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_7963.jpeg
    IMG_7963.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7964.jpeg
    IMG_7964.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7953.jpeg
    IMG_7953.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7952.jpeg
    IMG_7952.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7950.jpeg
    IMG_7950.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7935.jpeg
    IMG_7935.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_7938.jpeg
    IMG_7938.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7939.jpeg
    IMG_7939.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7941.jpeg
    IMG_7941.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7942.jpeg
    IMG_7942.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_7943.jpeg
    IMG_7943.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7945.jpeg
    IMG_7945.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7946.jpeg
    IMG_7946.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7948.jpeg
    IMG_7948.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7967.jpeg
    IMG_7967.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7969.jpeg
    IMG_7969.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7971.jpeg
    IMG_7971.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7973.jpeg
    IMG_7973.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7974.jpeg
    IMG_7974.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7975.jpeg
    IMG_7975.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 137
Well I know nothing about the machine, it was the price, looks fair to me in the current market, but if I'm wrong I will hold my hands up.

I'm wrong I will hold my hands up
Point I'm making if you're 2 years here (maybe you've been in the hobby 20) so you, as a "newb' are steering other newbs to this as a good price. I'm not saying its unfair but people rely on others with experience to keep them safe.
Mods, if you want to delete please do. I'm not having a go at Steve or the OP but this is (in my opinion) a dangerous statement to make.

I've played this game and it's in great condition. It's a fun game and great when you get the robots popping up. It does have one more game appeal. Also worth noting that Zacc playfields don't normally wear by comparison to other pinballs of the same era. In the current market I personally think the asking price is about right but will bow to Phil's superior knowledge although I'm interested to know what he thinks it's worth. Unfortunately I'm maxed out space wise so can't buy it myself to go with the other Zaccs in my collection.

No I'm new myself only 2 years so I don't know much to be fair but I thought at 2k it was a good buy but if I'm wrong then I'm sorry if I mii gave some wrong advice, maybe it's best to remove my comment because i don't want to miss lead anyone

@Steve64 I think it’s priced about right as well, that Gorgar sold for about the same and personally I prefer it over Gorgar as it has the ramp and the robots.

Ty @Moonraker

It’s open to offers as well - worst I can say is no. 🙄

Cheers

I was recently looking for an early SS pin - so, have a good idea how much you actually need to pay to get one in the current market.

I’d say an early SS is currently going for £1,750 to about £2,300, depending on the pin and condition. I’d say a pin that needs a bit of work (not a lot of work) is probably around £1,750. Decent condition is £2,300. Rare collectable stuff may go up to £2,500.

Take your pick on where you think this Robot fits into that. I, personally, don’t know how to value a Zaccaria because I’ve not looked into getting one.

Before anyone says anything, I’m not saying these prices are wonderful; I’m just saying that’s where the market seems to be at.

Not hereto derail someone's for sale thread. He can ask whatever he wants for it. It's the new people advising other new people what is and isn't a good investment and the fact we tell people to buy from here cause its safe. Comparing a zacc to a bally or Williams...

Someone would have to make an offer of that on it first for me to consider it 🤷‍♂️

So far some positive comments (it’s a fun game & in good order) but no PM offers from the forum and a time waster on Facebook.

I’ve spent £300 on the comet bulbs and £200 on the playfield strip down, clean, re-rubber and flipper adjustment recently - a it’s had a handful of games since. When I bough it, all I found one on the forum for £1250 which was a project machine which had been stored, not set up for years.

No, it’s not a Bally/Williams. It’s Italian, but has been rock solid and glitch free over the last few years (more than I can say for any Bally/Williams machine I’ve had at home). I know once I sell it, I doubt one will come up again anytime soon, there’s about 5 listed in the UK on pinball owners. I’ve had a few request to ship it state side. I’d rather keep it in the UK and sell to someone on here who’ll appreciate it.

Maybe the playfield wear is putting people off? If you really want to move it on you could try decreasing the price by £100 every few days... Just a thought.

Maybe, though no PM’s with interest or offers querying the playfield.

Sure it’s not mint, but it’s 37 years old and playing sweet. The playfield artwork overall looks excellent, especially compared to Bally/Williams of the same age which you’d probably start considering replacing playfields/getting overlays for, which in the long run costs more anyway…

Someone would have to make an offer of that on it first for me to consider it 🤷‍♂️

So far some positive comments (it’s a fun game & in good order) but no PM offers from the forum and a time waster on Facebook.

I’ve spent £300 on the comet bulbs and £200 on the playfield strip down, clean, re-rubber and flipper adjustment recently - a it’s had a handful of games since. When I bough it, all I found one on the forum for £1250 which was a project machine which had been stored, not set up for years.

No, it’s not a Bally/Williams. It’s Italian, but has been rock solid and glitch free over the last few years (more than I can say for any Bally/Williams machine I’ve had at home). I know once I sell it, I doubt one will come up again anytime soon, there’s about 5 listed in the UK on pinball owners. I’ve had a few request to ship it state side. I’d rather keep it in the UK and sell to someone on here who’ll appreciate it.
Sell it to the US . They love a lot of stuff that gets no love here.

I am not a time waster
i collect zaccaria machines and offered what i think is a fair price

I am not a time waster
i collect zaccaria machines and offered what i think is a fair price
Out of curiousity, what do people think this pin *should* be worth? And why do people think Zacs are worth less than equivalent Bally/Williams pins?

I’ve enjoyed Zaccaria pins on my Nintendo Switch and at Pinball Republic.

Back
Top Bottom