What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Top 3 pins and why?

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
I'm probably too new to the hobby in the modern age to give a decent account of my favs due to having only played so many games and especially having very limited exposure to modern Stern machines. But I'd be keen to hear what yours are but more importantly why!

My current top 3

1. Medieval Madness

So predictable but what's not to like. Hilarious original theme. Great toys (the castle is superb) and some really funny call outs. Beautiful play field and cabinet. My dream machine

2. Addams Family

Really out of left field with this one as well.... I used to play it a lot back in the day so it has all the nostalgia for me. Plus Raul Julia was superb, he even made Street Fighter bearable. Is there a better start to multi-ball than SHOWTIME!? I'd say not

3. Bram Stokers Dracula

One of a kind game that once again I remember from the 90's. I love Dracula as a whole and although this movie was mostly terrible for not following the book and just generally making a mess of the franchise, the pinball is amazing, mainly because of it's dark horror theme. It really is a creepy old game. Pretty tough but so satisfying stacking the multi-balls. To this day I've never killed Dracula...

So yeah tell me yours, do more than 3 by all means!

1. Addams Family
Sort of understandable after all I have put more games on it than my own dad in the past 8 years of him having it. There's something about getting those triple jackpots which are just satisfying.

2. Diner
Simple ruleset but can be challenging to complete due to certain shots(dine time) causing a quick drain. Nothing more exciting and frustrating to attempt to hit the shot for 12 mil dine time to just the ball roll back and go straight down the middle.

3. The walking dead / Metallica
Can't decide between the two as both games are some of the best stern has released in the past few years with competent code plus the themes alone is a win win for me

1. Spider-Man. It's just a fantastically realised game. Great shots, great sound, great rules and a perfect difficultly wizard mode.

2. The Walking Dead. Brutal game with sublime rules. It's a workout getting a good score on it.

3. Transformers. Very underrated pin. A final code tweak could have made it great but I still love it. Two games in one with superb sound (crank the volume up).

In no order... tough question.

TWD - Great audio, tough game, good rules, great sound, also very mod-able
TZ - It's like no other, came to me pretty late but I'm glad it did
TAF - Just a classic, great game and mean with it.

Note that all 3 are tough games. I love MB/AFM/MMr but relatively easy in comparison.

1: The Walking Dead - Its tough, its long, no pin gives me that "I freaking did it" when I'm playing it.
2: Ghostbusters - Epic Theme, the best music and sound quality on any pinball machine by a mile, not easy but not overly hard.
3: Monster Bash. Just a fun and great game. ToM and MM very close.

1: The Walking Dead - Its tough, its long, no pin gives me that "I freaking did it" when I'm playing it.
2: Ghostbusters - Epic Theme, the best music and sound quality on any pinball machine by a mile, not easy but not overly hard.
3: Monster Bash. Just a fun and great game. ToM and MM very close.

This bodes well for me, I'm getting one next week

1) Theatre of Magic. I just love everything about it. Especially the voices and overall atmosphere.

2) Metallica. Used to be a big fan of the band so again, the audio does it for me. That hammer! Oh my god. Best moment in pinball ever.

3) Attack from Mars. This game never fails to make you feel like a pinball wizard. Great call outs. Raucous good fun.

1. Twilight Zone - Perfect, love everything about this pin. Artwork, sounds, rules, theme, even the mini playfield is great.

2. The Walking Dead - I just can't stop playing it, such an adrenaline rush. May not be the best looking pin but the rules more than make up for it.

3. The Simpsons Pinball Party / Lord Of The Rings - Joint third place for these classic Sterns from the pre cutback days, and with complete code too! Both very deep games with sounds and animations that beat most more modern Sterns.

A year ago I would have put Tron at number 1 but things change (still great though).

Only 3 not 300?

Top 5
1. Centaur
Not only does it look awesome but the continuous multiball (lose a ball release another) is unbeatable
2. AFM
Besf flowing game ever
3. Funhouse
Playing against Rudy is such a rewarding challenge
Rest of my top ten
4. TOTAN
5. LOTR
6. Firepower
7. Black Hole
8. F14 Tomcat
9. Theatre of Magic
10. Tron

In no order.....

TAF
GB
WH2O

With some MM in there too...

Last edited:
So i have a weird taste
Spiderman fantastic game great gameplay and sound

Tftc awesome john borg design lots of ramps lots of modes easy to play first game i brought a few years back rejoing the addiction

Sst my first game i ever brought over 10yrs ago, love the movie the game just flows great nice and fast

TAF: love everything about it from the art to the gameplay. I will own it one day. Oh yes.

MM: See TAF.

Taxi: See MM (except i own it)

I own a TAF. It's not in my top 3. It's not in my top 5. It's 'probably' in my top 10. As an investment it takes top spot every time.

1) AC/DC simply the best game out there for me. Flow and game play are great
2) AFM - pure fun. I never got to play one until 10 years ago and fell in love with it instantly. (MM isn't even in my top 10 despite being so similar)
3) Metallica - when it clicks it really clicks. Great rule set

Honourable mention to TWD

1. Roadshow - it's a masterpiece, fun, great rules, incredible play field layout, pinball at its finest

2. Flash Gordon - from the greatest era, incredible theme and art, brutal gameplay, inline drops

3. Creature - most addictive game ever, greatest ever multiball, stunning sound/art, proper pinball

1. Roadshow - it's a masterpiece, fun, great rules, incredible play field layout, pinball at its finest

2. Flash Gordon - from the greatest era, incredible theme and art, brutal gameplay, inline drops

3. Creature - most addictive game ever, greatest ever multiball, stunning sound/art, proper pinball

Creature's multi-ball is amazing. So satisfying getting the super jackpot. You'd think it being only 2 ball would take away some of the fun but it's totally the opposite, makes it more measured. I do love Roadshow as well but sadly can't get a wide body round my stair case, otherwise I'd quite fancy one

BSD - very immersive. Simple and challenging. The sounds are matched beautifully with the play
WOZ - a work of art. Beautiful machine
Stern Star Trek - looks good and great ramps

Tomorrow I'd pick three different ones ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genuinely struggling to answer this! Been mulling it over for a few days since the thread comes up and I'm stumped! I'm loving Metallica pro for its mix of theme and challenging play but lotr is a quality 'quest' that I like to set aside a good 45 mins if I'm really going to go for it. But I have a total boner for the widebody games from bally/Williams, the 7 vary in depth but are all epic games in their own right, yes, even Popeye! But I also love ft for a quicky and wwfrr for a nolstagic pop....

Oooohhhhhh yyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!!

1. TAF - if pinball machines had a god then it would be this game :) The perfect mix of gameplay, art, music and sounds that I will never, ever get bored of playing :thumbs:
  2. Flash Gordon - the greatest single ball pinball machine ever made. Beautiful art and brutally difficult. For those who think games like BSD, Walking Dead etc are hard, you have no idea :D
  3. I've got two games tied for third :oops: Fathom - the most beautiful game ever and probably the best of that era Bally (even though I love FG a little bit more personally). Space Station - the most immersive pinball experience, simple game but the music....OMG the music....and the light show :eek: Just f*cking awesome!

1) Gold Wings - Many reasons, the layout and flipper arrangement, the 80b sound and music, the memories past and present, the rules set with multiball multiplier!

2) Indiana Jones (WMS) - The game play, the modes, the toys, the music and sounds, the speech, The fact i've spent 6 years recreating it!

3) Revenge From Mars - The humour, the martian attack mode, The graphics, the enjoyment, The challenge to complete flawless on all modes on ball 1!, the memories of that first ever game and thinking 'this is literally witchcraft!! - awesome!' and the engineering achievement (especially the driver board) by the wms team.

TAF - Everything said above to Nostalgia/Pat Lawlor
WH2O - Just love the theme, great gameplay and unique
TWD - yes a modern one but what a great game. Love the theme and will be the next pin I buy.

RS - Great modes, great humour, great call outs, great shots, great ramps, great music. A Pat Lawlor great. Did I say how great this game is. Buy one!

TZ - Unlike anything else, lots to do, lots going on, great toys, another brilliant Lawlor game.

ACDC - monstrously deep rules, great music, lots of cool colour changing lights, just lacks a bit of humour.

This question is nigh-on utterly f-ing impossible to answer, and you guys know it. Damn it.

I genuinely could not answer this question because I like more than 3 games because I would consider them the pinnacle of a unique, (nearly?) exclusive category of type of pinball.
  • I still haven't found a game that feels as obscenely fast and hard to control, yet skill-based and fair and rewarding, as F14.
  • In terms of modes-based rule set, my favourite is - and still is - TZ.
  • For showing just how well you can bring a solid-state pinball together around a theme, and have a very simple playfield capture the theme and the ruleset give everything on the board a reason to be actively shot for - Cyclone, or Victory, I couldn't pick between these two for this category.
  • For how well you can go all-out in art and theme and elevate a fairly plain whiteboard into an incredible package - TOTAN.
  • For a game that, to me, seems to massively appeal to all skill levels and levels of pinball interest, using the theme as the hook and the gameplay as the line and sinker - MET.
  • Out of the limited EMs I've been able to play in my life - I'd probably take Jack in the Box and keep it forever. I was unreasonably pleased when I first saw the ball get absolutely wellied between a rubber and the pop bumper, a true 'I see what you did there' moment. And it's a good playfield and I'm a sucker for large drop target banks.
And even writing out an unordered list like that, I felt like I've betrayed dozens upon dozens of tables by not choosing those.

Back
Top Bottom