What's new

Your first pinball joy

D

Deleted member 181

Just picked this clip off pinball head.... gotta say I wish I could get that excitement back...

Do you remember the feeling of getting your first pin?

I remember , getting the friday ad and seeing an advert for a lethal weapon 3 in rottingdean just down the road from me, the advert had the wrong number it was a number short, I contacted the friday ad office and had to write a letter which they would post on to the guy that owned the game, a few days later got a call. Dashed over there in my mates split screen camper, played it paid the mighty sum of £175, stuffed it in the elevator and installed it in my top floor flat and felt like life was complete
smile-1.png
that was 1997 and the house I bought the game from was sean connerys old holiday home.

Ahhh memories

Ironic thing is that me and griz picked up one of these big hurts turned it on, played one game thought oh crap "why did we bother" sold it to stormy, next day dropped it to swavesy and the rest is history, like i said wish you get that level of excitement back...... oh maybe a decent theme from Jersy jack could do it... an oasis pin now that would be special, ... oh roll with it multiball
wink-1.png

Cool video
biggrin-1.png
For my WCS, took the day off work and drove down to Farnborough from Notts. Got there too early and the seller hadn't finished work so had to wait for about an hour in a pub car park.....longest......wait..........ever!!!

Saw the pin, had no idea what I should be looking for but it turned on and was very cool so I was sold
smile-1.png
Loaded it up and then proceeded to drive back at the slowest speed I've ever done in any vehicle. Every little noise from the back of the car and I was like....ah what was that!

So worth it though!

Bought my first machine from GrizZ! Was wetting myself with excitment waiting for collection day to arrive. It was TFTC as

I have always loved the comics and tv show. Still have the game and cant seem to part with it. I now have the bug and am always on the lookout for more games but I have never been as excited as l was waiting for that first pin.

The hotel I stayed in when I was 14 in Florida had a gottlieb monte Carlo. It's the memory of that enjoyment which lead to me buying my first pin 15 years later (2010) it was a BOP and I loved it. I only sold it due to wanting something in better condition. Now I want another one badly.

I'd also love a monte Carlo as it was the pin that started it all for me but I can't say I've ever seen one for sale.

I bought a sega Jurassic park lost world
sad-1.png
sad I know but was dead excited about it and took day off work and kept harassing the courier guy till it got there,had it a year was sad to see it go ,every time I see another I seem to want it back lol then ave to slap my face to stop me buying ( not a good game) :.

Put a cheeky bid in for a sf2. Won it with nowhere to really put it. Took chunks out of the walls to get it up the stairs but got loads of fun out of it!

100_0484-1.jpg

My first was a WhiteWater - Picked up from some garage just outside blackpool must have been around 10 years ago now. Was missing the head off bigfoot, however picked up one from Austrailia around 6 months later. Sold it to replace with a TZ, which i wish i'd never done, since WW was great fun, and TZ was just :eek:

I haven't owned mine for a month yet, so the memory and enthusiasm is still pretty fresh. I took the day off work, with the possibility of a second for cleaning and playing. But the courier company messed up and packed the lorry with mine in first so out last. The driver called to say it might not even get to me by the following day, so I booked the next two days off work. Then the following day the delivery drivers dad went ill and the lorry was driven back up north. Two days of waiting, three days of no pay and still no machine.

Delivery was re-arranged for the following Monday at 07:00, I would have to leave work at 08:00. I got up and ready and sat and waited, it arrived at 07:30 and it was too wide to get into the kitchen were it was meant to live. I left it in the hallway, blocking the downstairs loo and hoped the girlfriend wouldn't kill me. That was one of the hardest and longest days of work I have ever done. The weeks of waiting nearly killed me with a heart attack but I can put it all behind me now.

I hope the fun will now come from hunting down the next one and then plan to deliver it myself.
smile-1.png

Tommy !
biggrin-1.png

Had been thinking of a getting a pin for good part of the 90s but wasn't until 2003 I took the plunge. Tommy was a machine I had always wanted - fond memories of playing one a lot in a pub in Cambridge back in 1994/95.

Found one for sale down in Portsmouth, from an operator - but I was very lucky as it was in lovely shopped condition - though at the time the fact it turned on and was Tommy was all I cared.

Remember going down there in Tom Hare's car .....soooooo excited..... Only just fitted in the car and when we got home it then took us and another friend about an hour to get it into the house and setup ....hilarious when you dont know what you are doing, can now do it on my own in about 5 minutes
rolleyes-1.gif

Can remember telling people I had a pinball machine and they were just like 'Whaaaat ? In your house ? are you insane ? '
biggrin-1.png
Haha ...yes, clearly...as nearly 10 years later I still get excited about a new machine rolling up. But perhaps not quite as excited as that first time.

The first i ever played was a brand new TAF back in '93. It puzzled me back then and my skill level was obviously crap so i chose to spend my money on the vids as i could have a slightly longer time playing those. That all changed when Indiana jones lined up next to it one day. I had seen the movies, was a huge fan so i decided i would stick with it until i learned how to play. I remember being very frustrated the first few times i played it, but on one perticular game i started 'well of souls' and damn nearly pee'd my 13 year old pants. That was it. Pinball had infected me. 18 years later i finally got one!

Still have fonder memories of MM that was in a local pub whilst i was at college. No-one cared about pinball but me, and i used what little skill i had as an icebreaker to chat up the ladies. AHhh the memories. I actually turned a nice one down a few years ago for £3K......*slaps forehead*......Mass overhyping ruined my chances of ever owning one.....:mad:

Back
Top Bottom