What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Year You Bought Your First Pinball Machine ?

Year You Bought Your First Pinball Machine

• Total voters
First pin was pinball pool in about 1985. Bought at a clearance auction of mainly nauraut poker machines. (cant remember how much but certainly less than £50)

nearly bought a sit down Star Wars machine also but chickened out when it got to about £30 I think 🤷

refurbed BSD from the proper pinball paradise £900 back in 2000 . still got the catalogue with all the games for sale prices and still got the pin

First pinball in 1998 from Pinball Heaven was a Dr.Who. £695 if i remember correctly , thought it was brilliant value for money ( and i was right !) as today it is NUTS what pinballs sell for.

Approx 1980. Bally Op Pop Pop EM. £25 from an operator in Ripley Derbyshire. As I left he shouted, ‘’Do you want some more?’

Mine was Rock’n Roller Games I bought it when I lived in Australia 2000 for $1000 (about £500).
I gave it to my brother when I moved to the UK in 2001 who had it for 15 years.

1991 I bought my 1st pin. I contacted a gypsy operator through the Coin Slot paper which was a little like the old yellow paper loot but for the amusement trade only
I contacted the guy and said I want a pinball and later that week Met the guy at a service station 100 miles down the A1.
The guy rolled up in a open back transit van with 2 pins Tombstoned to the bulkhead a Gillian’s Island and a FunHouse.
They were both as new and the exact same price £1650. He never opened the pins up to show me and could have been empty cabinets for all I knew so my decision was purely on the art and FH won hands down.
After choosing FH the bloke tried his best to change my mind saying GI had this brand new digital screen that was far better than the FH one but the art won me over and I wasn’t having any of it.
I am sure if I did go for GI I would have loved it but on reflection I made the best choice purely by fluke and so began this crazy hobby of mine.
I bought around 30-40 pins that decade and the bargains started to roll inwuth orices from £200 - 750. Ah those were the days.

I can't remember exactly, but it must have been around 1999, it was a TAF from Pinball Heaven. I'd love to own another but now, well, you know.

I got my first (and only) pin in 2014: a Tales from the Crypt for around 1100£.
I keep pushing back buying a new one (mostly because of lack of space). Most recently pushed back on Ghostbusters and now still on the fence for Godzilla... Life is tough!

2006 or 2007 I think. Some early deals included:

WH20 - £650
LW3 - £350
TAF - £900
Restored TZ - £1000
TAFG - £2900

Then prices slowly started to go mad!

2019! I’m a late bloomer 😳
The Shadow - £2600
Owned around 17 pins since then after claiming, as all new collectors do, ‘I’ve only got room for one’ 😂

Back
Top Bottom