What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Year You Bought Your First Pinball Machine ?

Year You Bought Your First Pinball Machine

• Total voters

DRD

Registered
Given the sharp rise in prices over the past couple of years, I thought this might yield interesting data ....

From memory I think it was late 2004 - a really nice TZ my dad bought for around £1400 when I was 18. The start of an obsession.

Bought my first game in 2006. At the time there were loads on eBay. £500 would get you a DMD game. £1k a TAF/TZ etc. I remember seeing websites selling new games for 3-4 grand and wondering who would be stupid enough to spend that much. 😱

There again a house was about a million quid cheaper as well so I guess it’s all relative. Shame my pay hasn’t increased at the same rate…..

Late 90’s I went to a massive old warehouse in Portsmouth with that damp arcade smell full of machines and bought 2 vectors, Xenon and a Dr Who all for hundreds of pounds.
Didn't have a clue what I was doing so grabbed what I could.

Bought a Williams Flash for £150 from the Tynemouth Plaza (which has since been demolished) and it escalated from there.
(I went back and managed to get Barracora, Mr & Mrs Pacman for £100 each and Centaur for £50 :eek: )

2013 street fighter , 700 quid had it loaded in the van when I asked for the keys then the seller said oh wait I have to empty the cash box , looks like it had about 150 quid in, gutted 😢

Circa 2006... Wh2o... £600

Sold it when i got a TZ in a few years later.... Worst decision i ever made (Other than getting married the second time!!)...

RS 2.9k
BR 1.8K (I think 🥴)
Bought within the same week so I count them both as my first

I think i take top spot (for naivety at least):
Stern Star Trek Pro from Liberty Games £6,595 August 2017.

Swiftly followed by the £5k Paragon in Oct 2017. (£2.5k to buy, £2.5k to Fedex USA to UK in 36 hrs door to door).😂

I was really pleased with both until I joined this forum a few months later 😢

Who cares, it’s only pinball tokens.

My first pin was a Shadow for £700 in 1996 soon followed by a TZ in 1997 (£600, still have it today). Got from a collector called Cai Remrod who rented out a council squash court to store and play his pins. Cai was a great guy, drove to my house in Northampton on XMas eve to fix a fault on the Shadow as I did not know what I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom