What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPT phantom switches

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

thought i was playing well, not!

started to see the game trigger card turns when ball hadn't been plunged.

two switches firing intermittently see video sw54 which triggers the card flop and sw56 which is a switch on the upper play field I believe. They are both on the Green-Yellow wire so plan to trace that. any other help on debugging this appreciated.

Neil.

Right at the right back of the playfield where the ball enters the upper playfield there are optos. Reseat the connector(s). Helps to have small fingers!

Take it to Andy at Pinball Mania.

My wpt began to self destruct. Switches died. Other switches created multiple phantom switch closures. I have never seen anything like it in 20 years of owning pinball machines. It had an opto problem on a drop target board that spread like cholera. It made no sense to me. It made no sense to Phil. It made no sense to Andy. We could not understand where the volts came from to destroy so many optos all over the game

Get it fixed. Make sure it works for a few weeks so you can sell it on with a clear conscience.

Dump it on gumtree

Hateful game

Oh I'm not selling it - it's awesome! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree, fantastic game. At least as deep as anything else out there, but also so many easy accessible features and multiballs.
No issues with reliability with mine in the 4 years I've owned mine, will almost certainly outlast my Met Prem (and no - I have no intention of selling that in the near future either, before the messages start flooding in :p).

Almost certainly a dodgy connection to the opto, hopefully an easy fix you can do on your own.

Just reseat the opto cables to the board at the back of the playfield, had to do this a couple of times when I had one

Yeah I did the reseat and it seems to be fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brilliant game. Probably the best bang for your buck Stern game. Great shots backed up with great rules.
Cheap as well considering what you get for your money. Probably down to the artwork being done by a pîssed up blind chimpanzee that has stolen a child's crayons and most of them are green.

Back
Top Bottom