What's new

WPC-S Not Booting

Dex-Jay

Site Supporter
Alias
Richard
Hi all,
I've an unknown WPC-S board that in the machine gives me a bong on boot and the power driver board looks like it's giving me correct voltage. LED D19 & D21 are solid and stay on with no D20 flashing.

I pulled the board and ran 5 and 12v to the board with nothing else connected. Swapped ASIC chip with a known good working one, no change, swapped the processor (U4) for another known working one, the same.
So what is my most likely culprit now? I'm included to chop the RAM from from U8 as it's not socketed and go from there.

In this video the board boots (partially) with the RAM removed, so I'm inclined to try that. The board in the video doesn't even get as far as diagnostic mode, so those LED's don't help. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsd-VMeOKTA

Any other suggestions?
Ta :)

I would do the ram thing.
I previously watched the same videos by that guy and all 5 parts could be condensed into 4 minutes :)
Had the same issue and it was the RAM faulty.

I would do the ram thing.
I previously watched the same videos by that guy and all 5 parts could be condensed into 4 minutes :)
Had the same issue and it was the RAM faulty.
Thanks, I'll do that!
Yeah, there's a lot of youtube waffle-vids. Good but full of waffles. I'll post how I go, either way and you should be able to see the fire from your place.... :p

Well it was worth a go! Same result, I'll order a 28 pin socket off eBay, anyone got any RAM or are all the WPC RAM chips interchangable?
A mosel ms62256l-10pc came out.

Back
Top Bottom