What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC Flipper opto issue (resistors extremely hot)

cathaldub

Registered
I’m working on a FT and it just randomly started smoking from the resistors on the flipper optos, everything is working fine, the 12v is reading 15v at the opto which I read is quite normal as it’s unregulated, the flippers work fine, the eos works, as soon as the machine is turned on they are getting extremely hot to the touch and originally were smoking but the smoke stopped and now just hot, amazingly they are still working and reading ok
See pic
fe8794d027d9f90dc03ecaa4f8b83054.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are both boards doing this? if they are not - swap them over and check the problem moves with the baord or stays in place.....

I would change the resistors and the optos if the issues move with the board. Clean the boards first with IPA

Both are same, I’m wondering if something’s over-fused, I’ll clean them and swap the resistors and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom