What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cancer Day Feb 4th 2015

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Hey guys

As you may or may not be aware it is World Cancer Day today. Apparently 1 in 2 of us can now expect to be hit by the big C sometime in our lives ....:(

I know a few people on here who have been directly affected by cancer so if you feel like making a small donation instead of that extra beer tonight then follow the link

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/donate/world-cancer-day

In memory of my pinball loving Dad. He was ace. F*ck you cancer.

GrizZ

My step mum is terminally ill with a brain tumour and lung cancer :0( I'll be making a donation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all happened so fast she had vertigo for 3 weeks and nothing the Dr did got rid then they did a brain scan and found the tumour. Week later the did further tests and scans and found she had lung cancer the most aggressive kind and she don't even smoke! Was given about 4 months without chemo 6 if the chemo had an effect. Second batch of chemo shrunk both lots by half so everyone was hopeful. 3 or 4 more batches and it is back to its original size there's no more they can do. Poor old maid

that ****ing sucks man, nothing anyone can say about it that won't just come across as weak.; i always go with the 'we could all be hit by a bus tomorrow, so live today as if it's your last,' but that's easy to say while i'm fit and well.

as soon as our nearest and dearest get stricken or diagnosed with something terminal, we all hafta realise that this whole thing is totally ephemeral, and we're all destined to feed the worms sooner or later. sorry to hear about your stepmum. i hope you can find a way to create a lovely memory for both of you before she goes.

She's a fighter she's just been getting on with things going out with her girlies going bingo ect lol. They all came down when char was over for like a goodbye (morbid I know). Bless her, you allways think it will never happen to family

Thoughts are with you and your family at this time Rudi, it's a situation that really sucks. Hope you get an opportunity to make the best of the time remaining.

Back
Top Bottom