What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working Bank Holiday?

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
Sucks… anyone else working?
I’m on call cause my boss decided to go to Thailand and leave me to it 😬🙄
At home configuring LAN switches, with another 60 x to come over weekend.
FF1A9E5B-7E9E-4E58-B9EC-6A6613825D69.jpegF83E1094-BE4B-4343-8389-BDDA4AC804A9.jpeg

Nice one! Love that. I only ever got to troubleshoot warehouse deployments, not build them.

I did a lot of shift work BITD but these days screw that unless something is properly on fire. However I would say configuring switches aint an urgent task, doing it on a BH sounds like the PM has screwed up with the planning? :)

^^^ you got it…. the account manager thinks because it’s a huge customer we have to be available 24/7 these need to be installed Tues…
We do some of the biggest logistics warehouses.
Design RF with Ekahau / do the APs, LAN and telephony.
Install all the copper + fibre - albeit I don’t do that part … cable monkeys.
It’s a real bast4rd walking these sites for the validation survey.
Pretty much have to walk everywhere twice.
Once to ensure the installers have mounted the APs and built the switch cabs as per design.
Second walk is with Ekahau sidekick to check the RF.
Getting too old with my bad back 😬

Cant remember the last time i touched anything less than 100Gb/s... :)

Gone are the days you were worried about taking 3x2Megs down to change a card (as the other channel was faulty) at 2am :D

Now we are talking 1.6tb/s for Metro and 800Gb/s xfp's.... Scary stuff!!

Thankfully not on call this bank holiday weekend but I am doing the May day bank holiday 😔 fingers crossed nothing falls over!

What are these bank holiday things you speak of? I don't get any bank holiday off. I am off this weekend though, simply because i had 3 rota days off, just the way they fell for easter, and used up a couple of my remaining holiday days too to give me a 5 day weekend - so I had an awesome couple of days at the domino arcade losing to the pros :)

Reactions: tin
I shifted into roles where you do get bank holidays for exactly this reason 🤣

Back
Top Bottom