What's new

Wiring

PaulTAF

Site Supporter
Hi
I am trying to wire a C120 coin mech to the interface board of my addams family machine, I have the ribbon cable from the mech but don't know what each one of the pins does and can't find the manual for it. Any help appreciated 🙏

Hi Paul, you'll need to use the large connector on the back of the coin mech which usually accepts a long molex style plug. (See photo)

A ribbon cable won't be any good if it's how i picture it.

Can you snap a photo of yours?b2e39eedbf28a596f27a35aaa662e384.jpg

Hi Paul, you'll need to use the large connector on the back of the coin mech which usually accepts a long molex style plug. (See photo)

A ribbon cable won't be any good if it's how i picture it.

Can you snap a photo of yours?b2e39eedbf28a596f27a35aaa662e384.jpg
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
This is my coin mech interface and I have a 10pin ribbon ...just don't know which pin I need to connect to which pin on the machine interface board.20210522_204211.jpg

My gut feeling is you're not going to have any luck with that model. The UK WPC models all came with a C220 mechs which has the required parallel interface for connecting to the coin interface board.

This looks like a serial interface used in things like fruit machines.

@philpalmer @steve brum more expertise in this and may be able to confirm.

Tim

ok.. there are two different mechs for different eras....

C120 is connected by a ribbon... it's a smaller more compact unit
Sentinel/C220/C220B is the larger mech, and is connected by a connector as pictured in Strobeys pic above.

Any chance you could picsute what you have in the machine please?

Addams Family 100% Takes a Sentinel/C220/C220B as standard
(if you need one i have plenty on current coins & the newer 10p as opposed to the older one)

You can get a ribbon style cable that fits on the C220 mechs, not sure if that's what's confusing things?
20210523_134540.jpg
It's the same pinout as @strobey pictured, but just looks more like a ribbon..... Maybe that's what you've got?

Pretty sure you need a C220 for a TAF, I've got a couple that need a new home, one on new £1 and one not if if you need one (if you don't grab one off Paul)

You can get a ribbon style cable that fits on the C220 mechs, not sure if that's what's confusing things?
View attachment 138910
It's the same pinout as @strobey pictured, but just looks more like a ribbon..... Maybe that's what you've got?

Pretty sure you need a C220 for a TAF, I've got a couple that need a new home, one on new £1 and one not if if you need one (if you don't grab one off Paul)
I've dropped Paul a message but not heard back yet but how much are yours out of interest? 😊

£25, Freshly programmed, tested and delivered to your door in Mainland UK.

Back
Top Bottom