What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams / Bally Patent Screen Any Interest?

RudeDogg1

Registered
If I can get artwork and a screen produced would there be any interest in a patent screen for the back of the main cab? It wont be as cheap as when I used to make screens as I will be getting a company to do it but shouldn't be to bad. If people interested could let me know asap
cheers

I'd be interested in one of these so long as it isn't too bad on price mate. I understand they are never cheap though. Do you or anybody else here know what the best ink is to use with these and if its easy to get hold of in the UK?

the first quote he's given me is about £57 + £8.60 postage. But I think the frame he has suggested is to big so I will measure up tonight and get back to him

Thanks Rudy, thats a really good price. I'm definitely in for one at anything aroudn that money. :thumbs:

Please forgive my ignorance is something like this what your talking about?

That is exactly it Tony although that is the warning text not the smaller patent print on the back of the main cab. I can get them to do the warning text screen aswell but you woukd have to ask @replicas if I can borrow his artwork again

Ah I see, yea the warning text on the back of the backbox is what I'd really like too. I have several machines with cabinets I'd like to refurb at some point.

Well if Daz is kind enough to lend me the artwork for the warning txt I can organise the big one to so some of you can have a full set

I have asked them for a quote for the large frame and I've also asked Daz if I can borrow his artwork again to get them produced. And now I've measured it up im awaiting another quote for the small one which should be cheaper. I've also found the squeegees for the small and big one

Just a little update he's snowed under at the moment so may take a little time to get a quote through. On the plus side he will be doing them at a slightly discounted rate because I got him a stupidly good deal on all our old frames (over 10k worth for £500) ha.

Btw I'm making nothing from this I'm just providing a service for something that is unobtanium.

Nice one Rudy, thanks for doing this. Don't feel like you have to do everything at cost, I don't mind paying a bit extra to cover the effort you are going to and I'm sure anyone else who's interested won't either.

And if anyone wants any after this batch and find this thread just give me a shout because i will have the artwork to produce more. My only concern with the small patent screen is that Ive used the one from my bsd. Which has more patent numbers than some other games. There is a simple solution if you use it on a game with less patents you just block the lower lines you dont want with some low tack tape on the underside of the screen which will block the ink

Ok so I thought Id start a list for whoever is down for the marking screens if people can reply with their name added to the relivent bit will help me keep track.

Small 8 x 9 inch aluminium screen for marking the patent info on the back end of the main cabs for WPC ect. Ive gone for 8 x 9 so you can push the side agains the right runner and the base along the bottom of the cab so the print ends up in the right place every time.

You will also need a small squeegee this size will be best so you can pull it towards the runner http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screen-Printing-Wooden-Squeegee-Board-Ink-Scraper-Tools-Handle-Rubber-Blade-UK/142422390074?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=441428229859&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Large aluminium screen for printing the warning text on the back of wpc ect heads (dependant on wether @replicas is kind enough to lend his artwork). This will be sized so you just position it so its lined up with the base and side (I added sinches on mine) then the text ends up in the correct place every time.

You will need a large squeegee http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-screen-printing-squeegee-chunky-wooden-handle-choose-width-blade/271641290125?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=571866072816&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 although i think the above link will prob make a 20 - 21" on request which would prob be cheaper.

You will also need golden yellow solvent / enamel based screen printing ink and its relivent thinners. I have emailed the place i got mine to see if they still do it (there should be other places but ive not looked)

Small screen list add your name below:
@replicas
@chris b
@aaronhicksuk

Large screen list add your name below:

Last edited:
He has sent me the first screen which he did for free because I got a good deal for him. And it's perfect just awaiting a price for you guys.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170728_32ff0837be2b4a67b9041ac49283fee6.jpg

Ok well all interested parties if you can msg me with the address you want it sent to and your email I will get him to invoice you

Steve from classic screans has sent out invoices to the guys I have ordered for. If you havent recieved his email check your junk mail incase its slipped in there.

If anyone else is after one of these give me a shout

Back
Top Bottom