What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams 1974 Skylab Backglass Wanted

Suzypea

Registered
Hi, I have a 1974 Williams Skylab which needs a new backglass - the current one is more than half flaked off so looks to be unrestorable due to the condition of the remaining flaky paint which is still attached. Does anyone have a fairly good condition Skylab backglass they would be happy to sell me? I am UK based and happy to travel to collect it.

Hi Moonraker, thanks for this info. I spotted this info earlier today as well and will be chasing them up on it tomorrow. My only concern is that they are in the USA and I worry about it being damaged whilst being shipped to UK. I have a plan B which I will let you know about involving getting an acrylic backglass made but I will hold fire on mentioning it in detail until I have spoke to both parties. Thanks again, Suzy

Had a few backglasses shipped from the States, Canada and Italy over the years. None have been damaged so far.

Try the chap in the Netherlands, Coos Hakvoort. He will help you out I think.

There is also a person here in the UK who I would not recommend....

Hi Doug, thanks for this info - I will email Coos if I don't hear back from BG Resto and I will post what I have done on here which might help others in future. I am curious about the UK lead you don't recommend - is it someone who wants to steal money by taking an order from someone then not supplying goods? Are you allowed to divulge the company name on here so that I know who to avoid? Many thanks, Suzy

BG resto products are ok, I've used them before. They can be a bit slow though so take that into account.
Coos is a good bloke, I've been to his site in the Netherlands as part of my job and he's honest. https://www.instagram.com/cooshakvoort?igsh=N3hqNnRpYXB1aHV4

I regard to the UK person, few, if any in the UK, do backglasses here so any Google/eBay type search will find it. And if you do, avoid, it's as simple as that really.
I hope that helps you.

I meant to add that Coos ,assuming you use him, can supply the glass as a 'foil'. It's not actually a foil as you might imagine, it's actually the backglass print, rolled up inside a cardboard tube, ready to be applied to a new piece of glass. Don't let that put you off though, once applied it's as good as any other digital process. There's details on how to fit on his website. The advantage is cost and no risk of breakage in the post ( though he does pack his glasses very well but there's always a chance). If all else fails, I know of a chap in Italy who can make you a glass. I had one made last summer from him.

Back
Top Bottom