What's new

Why Do Folk Buy NIB Games ?

Having bought a load of older games, my reasons for buying NIB (3 games) were:
TNA: I loved the look and feel of this unique machine. Was really the only choice. Code was very complete, no major issues (I've had to add rubber washers like everyone else under the star posts and bend one metal orbit lane very slightly). Major benefit of NIB here was that even though the code was complete, significant modifications and features have been added since (some again which are very unique to TNA and not found on other machines)
Maiden (Premium): I bought it very cheap NIB from Germany. Strong exchange rate at the time and oddly priced low over there (no idea why). Not true anymore though. I love the theme and layout and it is now my most favoured machine. No major issues with it - code was very complete, artwork is great, screen video is great..
Ghostbusters (Pro): Phil offered a very good deal on this as his last one so I snapped it up. Good price and the machine has played almost perfectly since I had it. The only tweak I have done is adjust the solenoid power from one of the kick outs - the glass hasn't even come off this game yet (it probably does need a clean now though)

So maybe I've been lucky, but I've had far less issues with my NIB than anything else and they are my go-to pins. With mine, I've had none of the real problems that the OP is listing. Even if GB code isn't complete, it has a much bigger ruleset than older machines. Later Sterns that I have bought also haven't had any issues (2012 onwards), but quite a few fixes for older machines required.

I should have bought Hobbit from Phil, but I'm maxed out on machines right now (in fact, one over). I wouldn't hesitate if the price was right, especially with the warranty and support provided.

On a related note I wish more people over here had bought Kiss LE/Premium NIB. Really want one - don't know why - but there are hardly any around and never seem to come up for sale.

NIB are crazy prices now for sure.

Anyway reason why no KISS for sale as because code was so poor for so long, not many made it here.

And now code is really good, people don't want to sell.

I bought a KISSLE but had to buy a HUO from France.

My love gun malfunctioned for ages though. Who knew a couple of intermittent connections on Stern's thinner gauge wires could cause so much hassle:eek:

Now it is one of my all time favourites and a long term keeper. New code means there are so many ways to score big and the 15 cities combos is really cool. Have not heard of anyone, anywhere getting all 15 to see what the reward is.

Colour dmd will be great when it comes out.

Did buy a NIB Maiden Pro.

Had the usual issues.

Coding is what makes this game. So much breadth and depth. Every mode, multiball, wizard, etc can be blown up in all kinds of ways.

One game you can say score 5 million on Hallowed be thy name and then my son scores 290 million on just that mode next game!

On TILT Keith is saying it is possible to score 900 million on a single death blow. Have not a clue how this is even possible!!

I managed a 300 million point shot on Maiden when I had it, nothing close to 900 though, absolutely incredible game

On TILT Keith is saying it is possible to score 900 million on a single death blow. Have not a clue how this is even possible
It was actually me who said a 900mil Superdeathblow is achievable (I've had a 300mil)

I also show that you can get a Power Jackpot of...20190320_173133.jpg

The warranty is a gamble but - there are few really ugly items that will go bang that are pricey, probably the main CPU board is the worst case. Say its a grand so you are back to paying the full price, it does happen but is rare.

Neil.

I’m new to this PIN thing, and soon to be on my 3rd pin, all NIB:
I guess the Warranty + Support is a good thing for some peace of mind.
Iron Maiden Pro - NIB love theme + less Mech issues for my 1st to deal with
ACDC Luci Vault NIB - Proven Code + Build
BM66 Latest run NIB - Awaiting this with latest play field fixes + Lyman code, seems to be a real good pin, again love the theme

I’m a bit OCD so like my machines to look and play solid
Being new, I’ve had to sort some things that worked there way loose after coming across the pond but nothing to write home about.
By getting NIB I know I have a clean slate effectively, and start my own modding.... not saying anyone’s been botching but it does happen with 2nd hand motorbikes all the time 😃
Having said that, I would still buy a used machine from a trusted seller on here of course where the production has ended and I’ve missed out 😃

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether the Ghostbusters cabinet and playfield issues appeared in early production runs or was it a continuous problem?

Does anyone know whether the Ghostbusters cabinet and playfield issues appeared in early production runs or was it a continuous problem?
Early to mid run. Fairly sure all of the ones over here did not suffer from the insert ghosting. Mine has been rock solid.

Early to mid run. Fairly sure all of the ones over here did not suffer from the insert ghosting. Mine has been rock solid.

The first batch of Pro’s where fine, then anything until about December that year has a risk of the problem. I’ve seen a few premiums and pro’s location with the problem. All the LE’s in the UK suffered from it I believe.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had one of the first Pro's with no problems. Upgraded to a premium and it's also had no issues. No issues with game too. Cannot wait for the new code. Here's mine with a few mods.IMG_3101.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom