What's new

Who supplies Covers for Pins in the UK?

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
I am going to have some pins in my 'sun room' - yep lots of light, so I'm going to need covers on the machines to protect them against fading.

Anyone know of suppliers in the UK or EU please?

Ok I had a word, I can get all the fabric needed no problem through work. I'm going to measure up one of my pins for her to make a trial cover for and well see how it goes. All being well it goes fine and she can make covers for others in the near future :thumbs:

I’d get blinds to combat the sun so that the room doesn’t get overly warm and the harsh light doesn’t hit the cabs. Do you have aircon?

Can’t say I like the cover idea, it’s like they would have condoms on :)

I’d get blinds to combat the sun so that the room doesn’t get overly warm and the harsh light doesn’t hit the cabs. Do you have aircon?

Can’t say I like the cover idea, it’s like they would have condoms on :)

air con in west yorkshire[emoji23][emoji23]

i’d need a lot of blinds
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180120_4f6e88ae3c83b48a64b788e40572e60a.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180120_3851d1e551222719d524d098ab5fa739.jpg

ps yours are NOT goi g in here- they will have pride of place in the (dark) pinball room [emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might be worth checking out if you can get them reglazed with blinds in the middle of the glass.

I have a friend who is a very good curtain/ roman blinds maker

She covers the spectrum from selling roll-ends out of a low cost shop in the north west right through to made to measure stuff out of upmarket fabrics for 7 figure houses in south manchester

What do pinball covers sell for ? What fabric should they be made from ?

Do folk want a basic fitted dust cover (stretch fabric scenario) or something more upmarket ?

I could see whether she might be interested in making some ?

Last edited:
I have a friend who is a very good curtain/ roman blinds maker

She covers the spectrum from selling roll-ends out of a low cost shop in the north west right through to made to measure stuff out of upmarket fabrics for 7 figure houses in south manchester

What do pinball covers sell for ? What fabric should they be made from ?

Do folk want a basic fitted dust cover (stretch fabric scenario) or something more upmarket ?

I could see whether she might be interested in making some ?
Funnily enough I came to same conclusion and found a curtain maker yesterday who's going to have a look at making me one. Seeing her next week.........

Are the colours really that fragile?

I have a similar setup to the OP and my pin sits under a skylight, against glass doors, on one side and under some more windows at the back. [emoji51]

I’m literally psyching myself up to touch the cabinet up and spray the missing reds and oranges back on to one side...

I was figuring that the colour had lasted 20+ years so unless I’m keeping a machine for more than five years or so, it’s not going to be an issue. And fortunately all that glass is there coz it faces north.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180121_7fe19a568f0ea7d79dd637ec0231dc7a.jpg

I hope not as the cover/condom thing did occur to me too... be interested to see what they look like. Perhaps for Baywatch, some nautical themed fabric with rope twist on the seams? [emoji23]

b0485194a6bb58d1069d7ffda6042745.jpg

these are still work in progress. then need the edges all hemming up and the holes for plunger cutting out etc. at least my tables are all now covered. still thinking about the backboxes. one machine has one but it’s hard to get on and off

looks good Alan.

Where did you get the topper on your Star Trek?

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom