What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Fancies a New MM?

do they still need to do things to save money?
i don't think they see these lockdown bars as money savers. i'm not sure what they think it's for tbh, i agree that it's best left unchanged, and can only assume they think it's better for some reason. i'm with you, they will only diminish it by making any changes, including boards under the playfield.

I take it AFM is earmarked for the next pin? Seems to be a few for sale recently.

Not sure they will sell many at £6500 mind.

True. MM was streaks ahead of the rest in terms of apparent desirability and therefore price, I suppose it's cos all the n00bs decide they want *that* one and the free market supply/demand economy just takes off. Only a year ago any MM would have easily topped 6K and probably 7 for a nice one. In 2014 they seem to have levelled off at the 5-5.5 level.

The other 'top 5' according to ipdb and pinside always include AFM and MB and TZ (then depending on where you read, it's either TOM or STTNG) and none of those titles are out of reach for 4K

If I was them, and I wanted to maximise profit, I'd think about either making CC at £6K or BBB at £7K or maybe even TAF at £3K

Moneywise I'd guess BBB would be the easiest sale at those prices. MB/AFM/CC are likely in the future but none of them are as expensive as MM or BBB. Can't see them going for STTNG or TZ as the 2nd hand price isn't enough. Now if they dropped their prices to 3-4k I can see 1000 "new" machines selling of a lot of different titles. Just don't think there's enough demand at 5k+ for most old titles.

Back in the day you had to pay someone to design the layout, someone to do the art, someone to do the music, someone to do sound, someone to do dot animations, someone to code the game, engineers to spec out parts to be made, someone to write the manaul. The design work is done! The retail price is significantly higher than an original would have cost back in the day, so do they still need to do things to save money?

They have to pay WMS for the license to remake them, wonder how much it works out at per table. Could explain the money scrimping although I think greed is probably more likely.

Totally agree leaving it the same as the original would be the prefered option for the end user. Any changes are costing money to develope so would need to be big money savers to make them worthwhile for such a short run

Everything seems to be about MAKING money these days.

Fixed that for you....

Moneywise I'd guess BBB would be the easiest sale at those prices. MB/AFM/CC are likely in the future but none of them are as expensive as MM or BBB. Can't see them going for STTNG or TZ as the 2nd hand price isn't enough. Now if they dropped their prices to 3-4k I can see 1000 "new" machines selling of a lot of different titles. Just don't think there's enough demand at 5k+ for most old titles.

Would it be fair to remake other machines at a lower price?

How can they justify the price of MMr to then remake other machines with the same production costs but lower sale price?

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, if AFM is the next title to be remade as rumoured I'd put my money on the price being kept the same as MMr.

Not really been following this MM remake since I dropped out, so and went back to have a look at the progress.

Wow, I hate to say it but the quality of the trim looks like crap! From what I can tell you get to choose between an awful, cheap looking mustard coloured trim, or even cheaper looking Hammerite black trim?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-trim-update-gold-and-black/

I wouldn't want either on mine that's for sure.

Think the problem has arisen as Rick from PPS is listening to the Pinsiders - they wanted the LE to be different from the Standard - so they got gold trim. Then the moaning pinsiders didn't like the gold trim, someone suggested black so Rick came back with black option. Now the pinsiders are moaning again, it looks like they are going to try a "different" black, probably more shiny or smooth?

First world problems... :rolleyes:

I don't go on pinside much these days the pettiness is pathetic. And all the endless threads on what pps, stern, jjp ect are gonna make next

Reactions: JT.
Would it be fair to remake other machines at a lower price?

How can they justify the price of MMr to then remake other machines with the same production costs but lower sale price?

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, if AFM is the next title to be remade as rumoured I'd put my money on the price being kept the same as MMr.

If say AFM is next and price is same as MMr would there be a feeding frenzy like there was for MMr?

AFM is not in short supply and does not have the same desirability, not even close, MB would be a much better bet as these are in pretty short supply and have a slightly greater value per condition.

AFM is not in short supply and does not have the same desirability, not even close, MB would be a much better bet as these are in pretty short supply and have a slightly greater value per condition.
But on the other hand they'd run into the licensing issues on MB wouldn't they? What with it being tied to Universal Monsters?

Even if they did an AFM and saved on the licensing, price would be the same, it's all about $$$, BBB would be awesome, think we best get our deposits ready and mail them to the guys that did the last ltd run.

MB and BBB would probably allow a higher price but haven't PPS(or whatever they are called) already reproduced pretty much all the parts for AFM? If so I can see that being the next one. Can't see the same feeding frenzy over it even though I prefer it as a machine

MB and BBB would probably allow a higher price but haven't PPS(or whatever they are called) already reproduced pretty much all the parts for AFM? If so I can see that being the next one. Can't see the same feeding frenzy over it even though I prefer it as a machine

agreed,my MM went to pay for MOP(as well as SM) - would have a SM back in a heart beat,dont miss MM-prob cos I still have the better game - AFM :)

BTW I think the new black and gold trim look absolutely bloody awfull IMO

I am interested in the short supply comment because on numbers made alone:

MB=3361
AFM=3450
MM=4016

Did more AFM's get to the UK/EU?
I like MB and would enjoy having it in a Universal Monsters line up but enjoy AFM a lot more. Others seem to agree that AFM is top title.
There will always be some people, where the money is less of an issue, and the idea of having a perfect new one means more than having an authentic original one. Then there are those who have the money and the inclination to own a restored authenticate original in top condition. I expect the market will probably sort itself out and eventually original MM's would command a higher price than the remake.

I agree that originals will always be worth more provided the quality of the playfield/cab etc is the same. Be interested to see where the 2nd hand value of a MMr goes. My gut says 4k max but would it drop as far as a 3k 2nd hand modern stern value?

Demand for MMr was high and still is, they sold out within hours. Bearing in mind that nearly all will be HUOs, and most likely will be kept in mint condition (or should I say peachy), how many originals are still in that condition?
Also MMr comes with colour DMD already fitted.
I estimate 2nd hand price 5-5.5k.

Yup esp if you nabbed the LE, look at it like this, punters have the chance to own the best game ever made in even better than peachy condition, what's not to like ;)

I see it's now been announced MMr doesn't include a coin mech and the backbox hinges aren't included in the powder coat option. $8k for a game that requires no R&D costs, they must be making a mint!

Never needed a coin mech in all the time I have owned pinball machines so its not really relevant to a home player/collector like me. That is of course unless you're afflicted with huge levels of narcissism. :D

Also, I don't know a single person that looks at backbox hinges whilst playing pinball. :rofl:

But yeah, still huge money. Thing is though if PPS make more money, there will be more games. ;)

I will have to hump mine up two sets of steps and then remove the backbox to get past the door casing but should be a piece of cake with that tiny little board to unplug ;)

Back
Top Bottom