What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Whittakers Derby - Not Pinball but maybe someone might like it !

Tidy Technician

Registered
Hi All,

Ok not pinball, so sorry if its not appropriate to post here.. admin remove if so.

Hi, I have decided to sell my Derby game
Its a classic 2p play machine
All working, it has seen some life, so not mint, but not in bad order either
It is great fun
I have replaced the 'Bet Now' backlighting with ultra bright green LED's
Collection only, this item is very heavy, so will need a large high van, and a few hands.

I am open to offers on this classic iconic machine.
Would be happy to do a trade against a pinball, or looking for £550 ono
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_8078.JPG

Last edited:
One of these still in everyday action at Felixstowe pier. Been the case since I was little. Not sure I ever won anything on it ..........

One of these still in everyday action at Felixstowe pier. Been the case since I was little. Not sure I ever won anything on it ..........
haha !! very true, as will all gambling, is you play it long enough, you will eventually use ...

as they say, Vegas was not built on winners !

however, it is great fun...

whenever i have a party, i leave a huge bucket of 2p coins out, the kids are entertained for hours !

Reactions: ski
as technically a gaming machine it should be random based on the odds with an adjustable house advantage. the roulette wheel I had was adjustable from 70% to 99% so on a par with fruit machines

How do they work? do they work on some type of winning sequence?
chatted to an engineer from whittakers, he said there are a set number of races, more for the lower stake wins etc... the races are selected by algorithm, as obviously there is no such thing as random in electronics... it would take years to work out any kind of sequence.
strangely the white often comes in a few times together... then you don't see it again for ages !

Anyway, anyone interested in buying ???!!!!

Last edited:
At 2p a play, I don't see how I'll ever make my money back from my mates with this one ;)

Seriously though... it's beautiful.

Sorry, not helping the sale of this item, but on a related note my kids were playing a Whittaker's GOLD CUP last week in the dome arcade at the end of Brighton Pier (it was on 10p play so paid out a max of £2 if white was the winner):

c5.staticflickr.com_9_8262_29054315460_29c15b4fe9_c.jpg

Just an update, to answer the questions asked....

So the Derby is a 6 player, 3 bays on each side, although for space we have it against the wall and play only 3 bays

the dimensions are:
length - 178cm
width - 112cm
height - 167cm

Open to offers or trade against anything DMD or newer

I love the derby game. Unfortunately, when they come up on eBay they rarely fetch more than a hundred quid due to the size and weight :(

BUMP

Thought i would bump this again.

i am building a small extension on my house, and once completed, i physically won't be able to get this game out of my house without crane !!

So i am dropping the price to just £375

The machine is on casters so easy to wheel around on the flat, a high van will be needed for transportation, and its a good 4 man lift.

any questions... please ask.... I'd really like to move this in the next 2 - 3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom