What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Water Refurb Advice Needed!

Ads Nems

Site Supporter
Alias
Adam
Hi All,

I would be grateful for advice on the following. I've had my White water for 3 years ago and it is without a doubt my favourite pin, it is just so addictive!

As a noob I bought it in pretty tatty shape and I would love to get it up to what can be considered a nice standard.

I paid £2,000 for it and my dilemma is whether it is worth putting the money in to get it up to a respectable standard or would it be better to sell this one off and pay more for a good condition unit? All I know is that I always want to have a White water in my collection so want to figure the best step going forward

As much as I absolutely love pins, I can barely change a lightbulb so refurbing it myself is out the question! If it is judged to still be economical to refurb my one, I would be grateful for recommendations on forum members that could do a high standard refurb on it

The main areas of to look at:
Cab has been chipped on some of the corners.
Cab Decals
Coin box, respray
Damage to the long ramp
LED replacement
DMD is missing some lines so replace with a colour LCD DMD
Any other general maintenance to get it up to a good standard

The machine plays well with no known faults, however some of the wiring looks to have had some patch jobs on it so not sure if that would need looking at as well.

Appreciate your advice!.

Attachments

• IMG_5610 (002).JPG
    IMG_5610 (002).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5609 (002).JPG
    IMG_5609 (002).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5608.JPG
    IMG_5608.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5607 (002).JPG
    IMG_5607 (002).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5606.JPG
    IMG_5606.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 28
Wh20 is a expensive game to restore the ramp set alone is over £500 £250 decals £380 colour display and if you are paying someone to do it for you it’s not going to be cheep
I sold a really nice one at the show for 4K and I have a super mint one at home which I would sell for the right price

It's true that if it plays well it doesn't have to be a minter. When I bought it as my first pin I wanted to see if I would still be interested playing it over a long time without getting bored. Now I know I have the bug for sure and a bit of savings I'd like to get some nice examples in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom