What's new

White Water Best solution for green lock targets cracking

paulg100

Site Supporter
Just wondering what the best solution is for the translucent green targets cracking in front of the ball lock.

Slowly working my way through the pinside owners thread but havnt come across an ideal solution yet.

Ive ordered some green translucent TPU and will try printing new target heads with that and see how it works out. Maybe PETG will be worth a try also.

Obvious solution would be to just change to the flat rigid type but it dosent look as good at the end of the day. I see the alternative Happ targets which didnt look great either.

Anyone come up with any better ideas?

thanks.

Before I installed new ones I wrapped them in Mylar. One of them is still intact the other is cracked but it lasted about 8 years before it did.

yeah another option to consider is maybe coating them in clear epoxy to strengthen them.

Ive checked the flipper coils and they are orange and blue but they still have a good amount of kick in them. Knew stright away those targets were not going to last 5 minutes with the beating they are getting and one has a crack in already which is getting worse after only a dozen or so games.

There's a bit of luck involved with those targets I think, mine came with a smashed one. I rebuilt the flippers (inc new coils) and they were so powerful I was convinced the targets wouldn't last more than a few games. New and old targets have held up for almost a year and hundreds of games so far. I've bought a spare ready but haven't needed it yet..

OK thats good to know, maybe ill order another and try that also then.

I guess it also helps if you can actually hit what your aiming for, whth my pinbiall skills im hitting the targets more often than then lock ;)

Will give the TPU idea a go still, will make an interesting experiment to see how that works for "indestructible targets". Just depends if its the right hardness to still work as an effective target but also just soft enough not to crack.

Back
Top Bottom